Business Administration (MBA)
The general mission of the master of business administration program is to provide students with advanced knowledge and practical skills preparing them for high-level leadership roles in both private and public sectors.The primary goal of the MBA program is to provide an intellectual environment in which students can develop high-level leadership and management skills and understand and apply new technologies necessary for solving business problems.
Graduates will be able to communicate effectively their ideas in both written work and oral presentation, understanding that communication is a cooperative process.
Graduates will be able to lead in the evaluation of organizational conditions using a system perspective to determine necessary actions.
Graduates will have strong information literacy, possessing the ability to conduct contemporary research using both print and electronic sources and analyze, synthesize and disseminate the information.
Graduates will be able to demonstrate the high-level of professionalism necessary to deliver persuasive analysis and defend and support their analysis and recommendations.
Graduates will the ability to apply effectively the acquired skills and knowledge to contemporary organizational environments.
Liberal Arts Objective
Graduates will possess an understanding and appreciation of cultural, ethical and philosophical concerns of a contemporary global environment.
Ethical and Social Objective
Graduates will demonstrate an understanding of their professional and ethical responsibilities as well as the social, economic, cultural and environmental impact of their business solutions in the global and social environment.
Lifelong Learning Objective
Graduates will recognize that lifelong learning is essential to the ongoing process of professional and personal development.
Intended Student Learning Outcomes
- Graduates will be able to identify organization problems and use information systems, technology, financial and accounting techniques, marketing research, and other decision-making tools to strategically analyze, assess, and devise solutions to business problems in a global environment
- Graduates will be able to employ quantitative techniques and methods and interpret the results in the analysis of real-world business situations
- Graduates will be able to communicate effectively in multiple forms
- Graduates will be able to collaborate effectively wtih a team of colleagues on diverse projectsGraduates will be able to deduce the ethical obligations and responsibilties of a businessGraduates will be able to differentiate and synthesize discipline-based knowledge as well as hypothesize the interrelationships of the specific areas of study
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate the ability to become a change agent in a complex global economy