Computer Engineering Technology
Earn a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering Technology, design tomorrow's technology.
Capitol's computer engineering technology (CET) program bridges the gap between hardware and software and links digital technology to computer applications. Coursework covers everything from operating systems and hardware to programming languages and software design.
You'll apply what you've learned by designing, testing, and troubleshooting computer devices and systems in the lab. And by the time you graduate, you'll have a comprehensive understanding of it all.
Our location puts you in the heart of the action. The Baltimore/Washington D.C. area has one of the largest concentrations of high-tech companies, defense contractors, and government agencies in the United States, making it easier to find interships and high-paying jobs.
Our classes are taught by working professionals. A field like computer engineering technology is constantly evolving, which makes our faculty extremely valuable since many are experts in the field.
Our motto, 'find a way or make one' delivers job ready skills. Hands on classes, combined with extracurricular clubs like: League of Legends, the robotics club, and the gaming club, help you hone the skills needed to excel in the workplace.
Support for you
Whatever type of resource you need - a way to improve your math skills, a place to exercise, help with a job search or a disability - we have facilities and personnel ready to help.
- We offer the Capitol Commitment because we are positive you'll get a job offer within 90 days of commencement. (See program details).
- Last year, of the graduates who reported their employment data, 82 percent of our students had a job offer (or chose to go on to graduate school) within 90 days of commencement at competitive national salaries.
- Computer Engineering Technology is a well-paying field; the average salary is between $65,000 and $170,000 per year
Follow this simple 6 step process to apply for admission to the Bachelor of Computer Engineering Technology program.
- The bachelor of science in computer engineering (BSCET) degree is a total of 120 credits, which covers technical courses, mathematics and sciences, and English and social science courses.
- Click here for a course list.
Tuition & Fees
- The application fee is $25
- Full-time tuition is $11,994 per semester, plus fees
- The active duty military tuition rate is $250 per credit, plus fees
- All full-time students who keep their student account current are promised their tuition will not increase more than 1% over four years
- For cost of living in one of Capitol Technology University's residential facilities, click here.
Top Employers of Capitol Technology University BS Degree Graduates
- Department of Defense
- Federal/State Governments
- Honeywell Technology Solutions
- Lockheed Martin
- MEI Technologies
The BS degree in Computer Engineering Technology is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.