Program-Specific Requirements for Doctorate
Application for Admission
Non-refundable application fee of $100
Application Essay. Students are required to submit an essay as part of the application process. Please prepare your essay prior to completing the application for admission - you cannot submit the application without an essay. The topic will be:
DSc in Cybersecurity:Your vision of what you plan to do to advance the information assurance profession.
PhD in Business Analytics and Decision Sciences: Please comment on personal attributes as well as previous experience that are reflective of your ability to successfully complete a doctorate-level program.
PhD in Technology. Students must provide a prospectus of at least 1,000-2,000 words that detail their technological expertise and preparation for success in conducting original research within Capitol Technology University's PhD in Technology program.
- Master's degree in relevant field:
- DSc in Cybersecurity: Degree in Information Assurance, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- PhD in Business Analytics and Decision Sciences: Degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Information Technology or related field.
- PhD in Technology. Master’s degree in a technology field.
- Official sealed transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be sent to the Office of Admissions directly from the school. Transcripts should be addressed to: Graduate Office of Admissions, Capitol Technology University, 11301 Springfield Road, Laurel, MD, 20708.
Minimum of 5 years of directly related work experience. You will need to submit a current resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format via e-mail to email@example.com. Please make sure the file name contains your first and last name and make graduate admissions resume the subject.
Three completed recommendation forms. Recommendation forms are also available on the admissions page of the myCapitol portal.
- DSc in Cybersecurity applicants must currently hold one of the following industry certifications.
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- GSE (GIAC Security Expert)
- CGEIT (Certified in the Governance of Enterprise Information Technology)
- CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
- If you possess one of these certifications, you will need to submit copies of your certification to complete your application file.
Once your file is complete it will be forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review.
After you complete and submit your application, please submit all requested documents as soon as possible. These include: official transcripts, resume, letters of recommendation and certification verification (if applicable). You will receive additional instructions after submitting your application.
- All application materials must be submitted by July 15 (classes begin late August)
- All application materials must be submitted by November 15 (classes begin in early January)