Veterans' Benefits

Eligible applicants and their dependents may qualify for veterans' educational benefits that are available through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If you think you may be entitled to these benefits, contact the VA's education information hotline at 1-888-442-4551 or go to

To use your benefits, you must be admitted to the college in a program approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs.

In general, you will begin to receive your benefits after the Registration and Records Office certifies your enrollment and education plan. You'll receive benefits only during your times of certified enrollment. Contact the Registration and Records Office each semester you plan to use benefits so we can certify your enrollment. It can take two to three months for the federal government to process the benefits application.

First-time applicants for veterans' educational benefits

If you are applying for Veteran education benefits for the first time at Capitol Technology University, you must complete the Application to use VA Benefits at Capitol Technology University  form. Upon completion, mail or fax (301-369-2328) this form to the Registration and Records Office.You must also submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility and DD-214.  Documents can be e-mailed to or faxed to 301-369-2313.

All new and continuing applicants for veterans' educational benefits

All new and continuing veterans applying for educational benefits must complete a VA Certification Request form for each semester enrolled. You will find more information about these forms located in the MyCapitol portal. .