McAndrew, Dr. Ian
Dean of Doctoral Programs
An internationally recognized leader in research and expert on low-speed flight, Dr. McAndrew has five degrees: a PhD, two master’s degrees and two bachelor’s degrees. He is a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society. Dr. McAndrew chairs several international conferences and journals and is invited to give keynote speeches all over the world. He started his career in the automotive industry as an engine designer, and has worked at several universities across the globe. Dr. McAndrew is Dean of doctoral programs at Capitol Technology University. An external examiner on the world wide stage (UK USA, Germany, Italy, Jordan, Japan, Australia, Greece and Kenya) his experience includes over 115 successful Doctorate successes.
Areas of Expertise:
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Electrical Science and systems
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering, Hertfordshire University
- M.A. - Master of Arts in Educational Studies, Dr Montfort University
- M.S. - Master of Science in Manufacturing: Management and Technology, Open University
- B.A. - Bachelor of Arts in Mechanical Engineering, Open University
- Henry Ford Technology Award 1991
Certifications & Licenses
- Chartered Electrical Engineer (UK)
Honors & Awards
- Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society
- Science and Engineering Institute (SCIEI) Chair of International Mechanical, Aeronautics and Astronautics Society (IMAAS)
- Asher, T & McAndrew, I., Influenza Awareness in the Workplace, Health Informatics - An International Journal (HIIJ) Vol.9, No. 4, September, 2020
- Hayajneh, A., Bhuiyan, M. & McAndrew, I., (2020) Security of Broadcast Authentication for Cloud
- Enabled Wireless Medical Sensor Devices in 5G Networks, Computer and Information Science; Vol. 13, No. 2; 2020, ISSN 1913-8989 E-ISSN 1913-8997, Published by Canadian Center of Science and Education
- Johnson. M & McAndrew, I,, RFID and the Supply Chain of Today, International Journal ofResearch in Engineering and Science (IJRES), vol. 08(1), 2020, pp. 60-64.
- Hayajneh, A., Bhuiyan, M. & McAndrew, I., (2020) A Novel Security Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks with Cooperative Communication, Computers 2020, 9(1), 4; https://doi.org/10.3390/computers9010004
- Hayajneh, A., Bhuiyan, M. & McAndrew, I. ,(2020) Improving Internet of Things (IoT) Security with Software-Defined Networking (SDN) Computers 2020, 9, 8; doi:10.3390/computers9010008 www.mdpi.com/journal/computers,
- McAndrew I, Vishnevskaya E, and Johnson M. (2019) Artificial Intelligence in the Aviation Manufacturing Process for Complex Assemblies and Components, Proceedings of 2019 6th International Conference on Mechanical, Materials and Manufacturing (ICMMM 2019) October 12-14, 2019, Boston, USA
- McAndrew, I. R. (2018), AERODYNAMIC IMPLICATIONS FOR TWIN-WING AIRCRAFT AT HIGH ALTITUDE, Journal of applied Mechanical Engineering, p.52, October, Volume 7 ISBN:2168-9873
- Whelan, K., McAndrew I. R. and Clark, P, (2018) ECONOMIC IMPLICATIONS FOR EMISSIONS WITH EUROPEAN LOW-COST CARRIERS USING VARIOUS FUELING STRATEGIES AND OPERATIONS, Journal of International Sustainable Aviation. Submitted. Vol 3. No. 4.
- McAndrew, I. Vishnevskaya, E. and Carruthers, A. (2017) Twin-Wing Design Options used for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles to achieve High Altitudes at Low Speeds, International Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IJRDO). Nov, Vol 3 Issue 11. p 15 – 24.
- Witcher, K, Navarro, E, Wood, B & McAndrew, I (2017) Quality Function Deployment and Proactive Quality Techniques applied to University Lectures to Improve Student Feedback, International Journal of Research in Engineering and Science (IJRES) ISSN (Online): 2320-9364, ISSN (Print): 2320-9356 www.ijres.org Volume 5 Issue 7 ,July. 2017, PP. 41-4
- Rashid, H. R. & McAndrew, I. R. (2020) An Efficient GPU Framework for Parallelizing Combinatorial Optimization Heuristics, Sixth International Conference on Advances in Computing & Communication Engineering, 22nd – 24th June, Las Vegas, USA
- McAndrew, I., Aerodynamic implications for twin-wing aircraft at high altitudes Journal of Applied Mechanical Engineering, 25-27th Oct., 2018, Berlin.
- McAndrew, I. R. & Vishnevskaya, E, (2018) Is the Sky above us safe and how has this been influenced by the past and present policies? 9th ICMAE, Hungary.
- Witcher, K., McAndrew, I. and Vishnevskaya, E, (2018), Take-Off Characteristics for NACA 4612 Aerofoil in a Twin-Wing Configuration with Optimum Angles of Attack, 2nd International Conference on Aerospace, Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering.24th – 26th March, Hanoi, Vietnam. www.camme.org
- McAndrew, I & Vishnevskaya, E, & Witcher, K. (2018), Establishing Angle of Attack of NACA 6412 Twin-Wing on Take-Off, European Conference on Material, Mechatronics and Manufacture, Krakow, Poland, 10th – 12th February.
- Witcher, K., McAndrew, I. R., and Vishnevskaya, E, (2017) Aerodynamic Analysis of Low Speed Wing Design using Taguchi L9 Orthogonal Array, International Conference on Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Yokohama, Japan, 29th – 31st Dec. http://acmae.com/
- Clark, P., McAndrew, I., & Whealan, George, K. (2017) Mechanical and Economical Consequences of Heavy Fuel Loadings for Low Cost Air Carriers, International Symposium on Sustainable Aviation, 10th – 13th Sept, Kiev, Ukraine.
Organizations & Affiliations
- Member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers
- Director of several educational charities in UK