Earn a bachelor of science in Computer Engineering, build the world of the future.
Computer engineers are responsible for shaping tomorrow's technologies from innovations in computer software to new designs for integrated systems. As a computer engineer, you will be needed wherever hardware and software meet in industries such as space exploration, consumer electronics, broadcast communications and medicine. As a computer engineering (CE) major at Capitol, you can specialize in microcontroller system development, programmable logic architectures, or computer design.
Our location puts you in the heart of the action. The Baltimore/Washington D.C. area has one of the largest concentrations of high-tech companies, defense contractors, and government agencies in the United States, making it easier to find interships and high-paying jobs.
Our classes are taught by working professionals. A field like computer engineering is constantly evolving, which makes our faculty extremely valuable since many are experts in the field.
Our motto, 'find a way or make one' delivers job ready skills. Hands on classes, combined with extracurricular clubs like: League of Legends, the robotics club, and the gaming club, help you hone the skills needed to excel in the workplace.
Support for you
Whatever type of resource you need - a way to improve your math skills, a place to exercise, help with a job search or a disability - we have facilities and personnel ready to help.
- We offer the Capitol Commitment because we are positive you'll get a job offer within 90 days of commencement. (See program details).
- Last year, of the graduates who reported their employment data, 82 percent of our students had a job offer (or chose to go on to graduate school) within 90 days of commencement at competitive national salaries.
- Computer Engineering is a well-paying field; the average salary is between $65,000 and $170,000 per year
Follow this simple 6 step process to apply for admission to the Bachelor of Computer Engineering program.
- The bachelor of science in computer engineering (BSCE) degree is a total of 122 credits, which covers engineering, computers and programming, technical courses, mathematics and sciences, English and social science courses.
- Click here for a course list.
Tuition & Fees
- The application fee is $25
- Full-time tuition is $11,994 per semester, plus fees
- The active duty military tuition rate is $250 per credit, plus fees
- All full-time students who keep their student account current are promised their tuition will not increase more than 1% over four years
- For cost of living in one of Capitol Technology University's residential facilities, click here.
Top Employers of Capitol Technology University BS Degree Graduates
- Department of Defense
- Federal/State Governments
- Honeywell Technology Solutions
- Lockheed Martin
- MEI Technologies
- Degree Requirements
- Program Goals, Objectives, and Outcomes
- Schedule a Visit
- Request Information
- Apply Now!
The CE program is ABET accredited since 10/01/2008.