Management of Cyber and Information Technology
Earn a bachelor of science in Management of Cyber and Information Technology, be a leader in the cyber field.
Hit the job market with impressive management and technical credentials: earn a degree in management of cyber and information technology (MCIT) from Capitol. You'll be ready to walk into a management position in any industry that relies on sophisticated information sources and tools.
Coursework covers everything from management theory and business foundations to computing and telecommunications. You may concentrate on software and Internet applications, computers and technology or liberal studies.
Our long history in cybersecurity education. Capitol was one of the first schools to be designated a National Center of Academic Excellence-Cyber Defense (CAE-CD) in 2003 and has been successfully re-designated two times.
Our location puts you in the heart of the action. The Baltimore/ Washington D.C. area has one of the largest concentrations of high-tech companies, defense contractors, and government agencies in the United States, making it easier to find internships and high-paying jobs.
Our classes are taught by working professionals. A field like CIT is constantly evolving, which makes our faculty extremely valuable since many are experts in the field.
Our motto, ‘find a way, or make one’ delivers job ready skills. Hands on classes, combined with extracurricular clubs like; League of Legends, the robotics club, and the gaming club help you hone the skills needed to excel in the workplace.
Capitol tech special opportunities
- Defeat simulated cyberattacks in our Cyber Lab. The lab, built in 2009, has an advisory board with members from other universities such as; John Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory and the University of Maryland and corporations such as; Lockheed Martin and SAIC
- Join our cyber teams and compete in numerous cybersecurity challenges. Last year the team competed in 15 cyber challenges
Support for you
Whatever type of resource you need –a way to improve your math skills, a place to exercise, help with a job search or a disability – we have facilities and personnel ready to help.
- We offer the Capitol Commitment because we are positive you’ll get a job offer within 90 days of commencement. (See program details).
- Last year, of the graduates who reported their employment data, 82 percent of our students had a job offer (or chose to go on to graduate school) within 90 days of commencement at competitive national salaries.
Follow this simple 6 step process to apply for admission to the Bachelor in Computer Science program.
- The bachelor of science in management of cyber and information technology (BSMCIT) degree is a total of 120 credits, which covers business foundations, business administration, information technology, technical electives, mathematics and sciences, English and social science courses, and is completely online.
- Click here for a course list
Tuition & Fees
- The application fee is $25
- Full-time tuition is $11,994 per semester, plus fees
- The active duty military tuition rate is $250 per credit, plus fees
- All full-time students who keep their student account current are promised their tuition will not increase more than 1% over four years
- For the cost of living in one of Capitol Technology University's six residential facilities, click here.
Top Employers of Capitol Technology University BS Degree Graduates
- Department of Defense
- Federal/State Governments
- Honeywell Technology Solutions
- Lockheed Martin
- MEI Technologies