Earn a bachelor of science in Software Engineering, become a valuable resource at any company.
Talented software engineers seem to be in demand virtually everywhere. Why? Because they can design and program computers that meet the needs of virtually anyone. Capitol's software engineering (SE) graduates can analyze a system and its needs, then apply engineering principles to create hardware and software solutions.
For the software component of this program, you'll study everything from programming languages and applications to algorithm development and software design. In the hardware section, courses range from computer architecture to chip technology.
Our location puts you in the heart of the action. The Baltimore/ Washington D.C. area has one of the largest concentrations of high-tech companies, defense contractors, and government agencies in the United States, making it easier to find internships and high-paying jobs.
Our classes are taught by working professionals. A field like software engineering is constantly evolving, which makes our faculty extremely valuable since many are experts in the field.
Our motto, ‘find a way, or make one’ delivers job ready skills. Hands on classes, combined with extracurricular clubs like; League of Legends, the robotics club, and the gaming club help you hone the skills needed to excel in the workplace.
Support for you
Whatever type of resource you need –a way to improve your math skills, a place to exercise, help with a job search or a disability – we have facilities and personnel ready to help.
- We offer the Capitol Commitment because we are positive you’ll get a job offer within 90 days of commencement. (See program details).
- Your computer science bachelors degree prepares you for entry-level positions such as; software developer, network/system administrator, IT specialist, web programmer/web master and app/game developer
- Last year, of the graduates who reported their employment data, 82 percent of our students had a job offer (or chose to go on to graduate school) within 90 days of commencement at competitive national salaries.
- Software engineering is a well-paying field; the average salary for a software engineer is $100,000 a year.
Follow this simple 6 step process to apply for admission to the Bachelor in Software Engineering program.
- The bachelor of science in software engineering (BSSE) degree is a total of 120 credits, which covers computers and software, engineering, technical courses, mathematics and sciences, English and social science courses
- Click here for a course list
Tuition & Fees
- The application fee is $25
- Full-time tuition is $11,994 per semester, plus fees
- The active duty military tuition rate is $250 per credit, plus fees
- All full-time students who keep their student account current are promised their tuition will not increase more than 1% over four years
- For the cost of living in one of Capitol Technology University's six residential facilities, click here.
Top Employers of Capitol Technology University BS Degree Graduates
- Department of Defense
- Federal/State Governments
- Honeywell Technology Solutions
- Lockheed Martin
- MEI Technologies