Technology and Business Management
Earn a bachelors degree in Technology and Business Management, gain business skills from a tech industry perspective.
The bachelor's degree in technology and business management provides you with the ability to integrate business and analytical and decision-making skills in a diverse world. After you graduate, you will be able to apply your skills and knowledge of the business world to the everyday work situations of your employer.
While studying technology and business management, you'll learn how for-profit and non-profit organizations function effectively and efficiently. You'll develop a clear picture of how business areas meld to create a successful organization. Your required courses will build a solid foundation that encompasses management, marketing, accounting, finance, information technology and human resource management. Combined with coursework in the social sciences and humanities, as well as your electives, you'll graduate from Capitol with an education that the job market highly demands.
Our location puts you in the heart of the action. The Baltimore/ Washington D.C. area has one of the largest concentrations of high-tech companies, defense contractors, and government agencies in the United States, making it easier to find internships and high-paying jobs.
Our classes are taught by working professionals. A field like technology and business management is constantly evolving, which makes our faculty extremely valuable since many are experts in the field.
Our motto, ‘find a way, or make one’ delivers job ready skills. Hands on classes, combined with extracurricular clubs like; League of Legends, the robotics club, and the gaming club help you hone the skills needed to excel in the workplace.
Capitol Tech special opportunities
The 2+2 Program is designed to allow students to come to Capitol after finishing a two-year associate’s degree at a community college and to complete their bachelor’s in technology and business management in another two years. The students need to come from a community college that has an articulation agreement with Capitol.
The 2+2+1 Program allows students to come to Capitol with a community college associate’s degree and work toward their master of business administration (MBA) degree at the same time that they are working toward their undergraduate BS in business administration. The expedited curriculum allows students to earn their MBA only a year after earning their undergraduate degree.
Support for you
Whatever type of resource you need –a way to improve your math skills, a place to exercise, help with a job search or a disability – we have facilities and personnel ready to help.
- We offer the Capitol Commitment because we are positive you’ll get a job offer within 90 days of commencement. (See program details).
- Last year, of the graduates who reported their employment data, 82 percent of our students had a job offer (or chose to go on to graduate school) within 90 days of commencement at competitive national salaries.
Program Chair: Professor Claude Rankin
Claude Rankin is a graduate of George Washington University, where he double-majored in political science and speech communication/broadcasting. He subsequently received a master's degree in political communication from the University of Maryland. He has worked in the private sector as a senior project manager for Arbitron, director of market research for United Way of Delaware, senior business development analyst for the AARP, and DC field office manager for Batnet1. From 2000-2011. he ran his own business, Clarity Communications.
An inventor as well as an entrepreneur, Professor Rankin holds a US patent for self-administered survey systems, methods and devices. He joined the Capitol faculty in 2012.
Follow this simple 6 step process to apply for admission to the Bachelor in Computer Science program.
- The bachelor of arts in technology and business management degree is a total of 120 credits, which covers business administration, business fundamentals, information technology, mathematics and sciences, and English and humanities courses.
- Click here for a course list
Tuition & Fees
- The application fee is $25
- Full-time tuition is $11,994 per semester, plus fees
- The active duty military tuition rate is $250 per credit, plus fees
- All full-time students who keep their student account current are promised their tuition will not increase more than 1% over four years
- For the cost of living in one of Capitol Technology University's six residential facilities, click here.