Online Master's in Computer Science
Earn a master’s degree in computer science, learn emerging technologies
The computer science field is changing at an amazing rate, making an advance degree an excellent way to stay up-to-date on current technologies. This program teaches the knowledge and skills necessary to design and use modern computer-based systems, including embedded languages, wireless technologies, miniaturization (PDAs), and data security.
You can choose to specialize in information architecture, network security or advanced computer science. A master’s of science in computer science (MSCS) degree also serves as a platform for promotion.
Our location is a magnet for top faculty. The Baltimore/Washington area has one of the largest concentrations of high-tech companies, defense contractors, and government agencies.
Our classes are comprised of like-minded peers. Through collaboration with other students, you’ll learn skills and techniques in class that you can apply on the job immediately.
Capitol Tech special opportunities
All students complete a capstone project. You’ll work with a faculty member to develop a major project-based research paper that draws on prior coursework and your personal experiences.
Those who earn a master of science in computer science pursue careers as:
- Data scientist
- Software/systems analyst
- Software/systems architect
- IT manager
- Network engineer
According to the National Association of Colleges and Employers, computer science graduates are at the top of the list of projected highest-paid master’s degree graduates, with an average salary of $81,039.
Active duty/retired military
We’re proud to help the men and women who defend our country advance their education by:
- Giving all active duty service members enrolled in a master degree program a reduced rate of just $350 per credit
- Giving members of the Maryland National Guard a 50% tuition discount
- Offering flexible payment options for active duty students
- Being a participating member of the Post 9/11 GI Bill Yellow Ribbon Program and Montgomery GI Bill
- Listing our online programs in the DANTES catalog, which allows students to get tuition reimbursement support under DANTES
- Getting our programs approved by the Veterans Administration
Dr. Eric Sabbah, Computer Science program chair
Dr. Sabbah earned his bachelor of science degree in computational mathematics from Brooklyn College of the City University of New York, his master of science degree in computer science from the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences at New York University (NYU), and his PhD in computer science from the Watson School of Engineering at Binghamton University.
His research interests involve wireless, embedded, and ad hoc systems as well as security and privacy. Recently, these interests have been applied to ubiquitous systems and medical monitoring.
Dr. Sabbah's industry experience includes work for large international corporations such as Bertelsmann and Bloomberg. His work in those environments involved multimedia content security and financial service applications respectively.
Program is 100% Online
Our master’s in computer science program is offered 100% online. Once you are accepted, all you need is an Internet connection and you can attend class. We keep the classes small so you receive personalized attention from faculty who are interested in sharing their knowledge and helping you succeed.
All classes are taught online. The classes for this 30-credit degree program are offered in 16-week formats. We currently use a synchronous format and will be changing to asynchronous starting summer, 2018.
Tuition & Fees
- The application fee is $100
- The per credit charge for graduate courses is $585, plus fees
- The active duty military tuition rate is $350 per credit, plus fees
- There is no charge for online application, $40 fee for paper application
- Degree Requirements
- Admissions Requirements
- Tuition & Fees
- Inquiry Form
- Attend a Virtual Information Session
- Apply now!