Earn a bachelor of science in Web Development, support the needs of the online industry.
If you are interested in networking and the Internet, then the Web Development program is for you. You'll gain in-depth knowledge about websites, network security, database management, computer programming and more.
Since the Internet touches virtually every facet of modern life, the course requirements for this degree are very flexible. You'll enjoy plenty of electives. Options for specialization include management, telecommunications, digital electronics, Cisco certification, and liberal studies. We encourage you to explore a variety of fields and to push the envelope of your experience and understanding.
Our location puts you in the heart of the action. The Baltimore/ Washington D.C. area has one of the largest concentrations of high-tech companies, defense contractors, and government agencies in the United States, making it easier to find internships and high-paying jobs.
Our classes are taught by working professionals. A field like web development is constantly evolving, which makes our faculty extremely valuable since many are experts in the field.
Our motto, ‘find a way, or make one’ delivers job ready skills. Hands on classes, combined with extracurricular clubs like; League of Legends, the robotics club, and the gaming club help you hone the skills needed to excel in the workplace.
Support for you
Whatever type of resource you need –a way to improve your math skills, a place to exercise, help with a job search or a disability – we have facilities and personnel ready to help.
- We offer the Capitol Commitment because we are positive you’ll get a job offer within 90 days of commencement. (See program details).
- Last year, of the graduates who reported their employment data, 82 percent of our students had a job offer (or chose to go on to graduate school) within 90 days of commencement at competitive national salaries.
- Web Development is a well-paying field; the average salary for a web developer is $72,000 per year.
Dr. Eric Sabbah, Computer Science Program Chair
Dr. Eric Sabbah earned his bachelor of science degree in computational mathematics from Brooklyn College of the City University of New York, his master of science degree in computer science from the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences at New York University (NYU), and his PhD in computer science from the Watson School of Engineering at Binghamton University.
His research interests involve wireless, embedded, and ad hoc systems as well as security and privacy. Recently, these interests have been applied to ubiquitous systems and medical monitoring.
Dr. Sabbah's industry experience includes work for large international corporations such as Bertelsmann and Bloomberg. His work in those environments involved multimedia content security and financial service applications respectively.
Follow this simple 6 step process to apply for admission to the Bachelor in Computer Science program.
- The bachelor of science in web development (BSWD) degree is a total of 120 credits, which covers computers, business, mathematics and sciences, English and social science courses
- Click here for a course list
Tuition & Fees
- The application fee is $25
- Full-time tuition is $11,994 per semester, plus fees
- The active duty military tuition rate is $250 per credit, plus fees
- All full-time students who keep their student account current are promised their tuition will not increase more than 1% over four years
- For the cost of living in one of Capitol Technology University's six residential facilities, click here.
Top Employers of Capitol Technology University BS Degree Graduates
- Department of Defense
- Federal/State Governments
- Honeywell Technology Solutions
- Lockheed Martin
- MEI Technologies
- Degree Requirements
- Program Goals, Objectives, and Outcomes
- Schedule a Visit
- Request Information
- Apply Now!