Mobile Computing and Game Programming
The main objective of the mobile computing and game programming program is to produce programmers who can design and develop the next generation of mobile computer applications.
The program seeks to prepare mobile computer programmers who demonstrate four characteristics:
- Employability: The ability to enter into the field of portable devices and game development fully prepared to develop secure software and portable devices with sufficient practical background to be immediately employed.
- Communications: Have complete mastery of traditional and technological techniques of communication.
- Preparation of the Mind: The broad intellectual grounding in web technologies and development as well as general subjects required to embrace future technical and managerial opportunities within the network infrastructure field.
- Professionalism: Commitment to life-long learning, ethical practice and participation in professional societies.
Upon graduation, students will have:
- the ability to apply hardware and software appropriate to support the design and development of web sites.
- the ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- the ability to design, implement and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component or program to meet desired needs.
- the ability to function on multi-disciplinary to accomplish a common goal.
- The understanding of professional and ethical, legal and security issues that are associated with their solutions. .
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in, life-long learning
- knowledge of contemporary issues