Business Analytics and Decision Sciences (PhD)
Earn a doctorate degree in business analytics and decision sciences, advance both your scholarly research and your career
In a competitive world, success depends on finding and maintaining an edge – and that requires making data-driven decisions. Organizations in an ever-expanding array of industries – from sports, to health care, to cybersecurity – are seeking out professionals with the expertise needed to utilize data effectively.
The Ph.D. in Business Analytics and Decision Sciences program is designed to prepare accomplished professionals for senior positions in either public or private sectors. The mission of the Doctor of Philosophy in Business Analytics and Decision Sciences degree is to enable professionals from the field to understand and evaluate the scope and impact of decision sciences and associated technology from the institutional as well as from an industry and global perspective. The program will provide the student an academic environment to support the development of high-level critical thinking and leadership skills as they relate to management and decision sciences, to develop high-level decision science technical skills, and to provide doctoral level research experience allowing innovative and practical contributions to the management and decision sciences body of knowledge.
Graduates can expect to be hired into senior leadership positions in industry, government, and academia, and will be able to create and manage unique solutions for any business decision challenge that may arise.
Why earn a Doctor of Philosophy in in Business Analytics and Decision Sciences at Capitol?
- The majority of our business analytics and decision sciences doctorate is offered online.
- Capitol’s faculty are working professionals in the field – subject matter experts who apply their knowledge on a daily basis and are up to speed on emerging developments.
- There is a high market demand for analyts with accompanying business knowledge.
- A degree that is relevant to any and every organization, this doctorate will help students learn how analytics helps shape strategic plans in whatever business you are involved in.
Active duty/retired military
We're proud to help the men and women who defend our country advance their education by:
- Giving members of the Maryland National Guard a 50% tuition discount
- Offering flexible payment options for active duty students
- Being a participating member of the Post 9/11 GI Bill Yellow Ribbon Program and Montgomery GI Bill
- Listing our online programs in the DANTES catalog, which allows students to get tuition reimbursement support under DANTES
- Getting our programs approved by the Veterans Administration
You'll graduate with the credentials needed to to lead local, national, or global organizations in related fields and provide expert guidance for the understanding of and the utilization of organizational information assets. This education can be applied to any business model, from big business to higher education.
Online Business Analytics and Decision Sciences PhD with low residency requirement
- Online classes allow you to work around your busy schedule
- Meet on campus two weekends per year
- Small cohort enables you to network with classmates and receive personalized attention from faculty
- Accelerated classes, most last 8 weeks
- Classes taught online, you can refer to the recorded class sessions for review
- All applicants must include a non-refundable application fee of $100
- Applicants need a master's degree in a relevant field, plus a minimum of 5 years of directly related work experience.
- Click here for specific details regarding online admissions deadlines, where to send transcripts, recommendation forms, etc.
- The Doctorate degree in Business Analytics and Decision Sciences is a total of 54-66 credits, which covers a literature review, professional research and theory, professional ethics and leadership, dissertation preparation, and other topics. Students can select from several electives based on their personal focus.
- Click here for a course list
Tuition and Fees
- The application fee is $100
- The per-credit charge for doctorate courses is $867. This is the same for in-state and out-of-state students.
- The entrance exam fee is $100.