You've been working hard, and graduation is just around the corner
Before you take your final tests and become an alumnus, be sure to familiarize yourself with the steps you'll need to take to graduate, like applying for graduation, completing degree programs, settling accounts and attending the commencement ceremony.
Failure to complete these tasks may preclude you from one or more of the following: participating in the graduation ceremony, having your degree conferred and receiving your diploma. Please do not hesitate to fulfill these duties:
- Apply for graduation!
- Doctoral: It is strongly recommended that you apply for graduation upon entry into course DSR-950 – Dissertation Presentation and Oral Defense.
- Graduates: It is strongly recommended that you apply for graduation upon earning 24 credits.
- Undergraduates: It is strongly recommended that you apply for graduation upon earning 90 credits.
- Settle any outstanding accounts with the Business Office and Puente Library.
- Undergraduate students, 301.369.2318
- Graduate students, 301.369.2318
- Complete an exit interview with Financial Aid (financial aid students only).
- Complete the Graduating Student Surveys.
We will be hosting an in-person commencement at our campus in Laurel, Maryland on October 9, 2021 with a ceremony for the class of 2021 taking place at 10 am and a ceremony for the class of 2020 taking place at 4 pm.
You belong to the Class of 2020 if you are a Fall 2019, Spring 2020 or Summer 2020 graduate. You belong to the Class of 2021 if you are a Fall 2020, Spring 2021 or Summer 2021 graduate. To ensure safety and for attendance management purposes, students will only be permitted to participate in the ceremony for their graduating class.
All attendees will be required to wear masks and adhere to all COVID-19 safety protocols during the scheduled events.