Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Occupational Risk Management
The PhD in Occupational Risk Management degree is for current professionals in the safety and occupational construction field. The degree provides a path for Occupational Risk Management personnel to explore new ground in the rapidly evolving world of the commercial and governmental safety and industrial construction, also hygiene. Students pursue a deep proficiency in this area using an interdisciplinary methodology, cutting-edge research, and dynamic faculty. Graduates will contribute significantly to the Occupational Risk Management field through the creation of new knowledge, ideas, and technology. The Ph.D. in Occupational Risk Management program is designed as a doctorate by research where students will quickly become able to engage in leadership, research, and publishing.
Expert guidance in doctoral research
Capitol’s doctoral programs are supervised by faculty with extensive experience in chairing doctoral dissertations and mentoring students as they launch their academic careers. You’ll receive the guidance you need to successfully complete your doctoral research project and build credentials in the field.
Proven academic excellence
Study at a university that specializes in industry-focused education in technology fields, with a faculty that includes many industrial and academic experts.
Program is 100% Online
Our Ph.D. in Occupational Risk Management is offered 100% online. Once you are accepted, all you need is an internet connection and you can attend class.
The PhD program offers 2-degree completion requirement options.
- Dissertation Option: the student will produce, present, and defend a doctoral dissertation after receiving the required approvals from the student’s Committee and the PhD Review Boards.
- Publication Option: the student will produce, present, and defend doctoral research that is published as articles (3 required) in peer reviewed journals identified by the university and the student’s Committee. Students must receive the required approvals from the student’s Committee and the PhD Review Board prior to publication.
Prior Achieved Credits May Be Accepted
Tuition & Fees
Tuition rates are subject to change.
The following rates are in effect for the 2023-2024 academic year, beginning in Fall 2023 and continuing through Summer 2024:
- The application fee is $100
- The per-credit charge for doctorate courses is $950. This is the same for in-state and out-of-state students.
- Retired military receive a $50 per credit hour tuition discount
- Active duty military receive a $100 per credit hour tuition discount for doctorate level coursework.
- Information technology fee $39 per credit hour.
- High School and Community College full-time faculty and full-time staff receive a 20% discount on tuition for doctoral programs.