Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.) in Supply Chain Management
Earn a doctorate degree in supply chain management, advance both your scholarly research and your career
The Doctor of Business Administration in Supply Chain Management degree is a unique program designed to meet the long-standing needs of today's United States Supply Chain systems in industry, service and logistics.in an ever changing world where operating efficiently, effectively and to maintain secure and protected supply lines. It is not an extension of management studied but a discipline of application research based on needs and current technology. Capitol Technology University is uniquely place academically to offer this degree with its geographical location. The Doctor of Business Administration in Supply Chain Management program provides students with the opportunity to conduct extensive and sustained, original research at the highest level. The Doctor of Business Administration in Supply Chain Management is for current leaders in the field who desire to elevate their skills to the highest level and to contribute to the body for the benefit of organizations and the Nation.
Learn around your busy schedule
Our low residency requirement takes in consideration the time commitment of your established career.
The majority of our business analytics and data science doctorate is offered online.
Our classes are taught by working professionals
Capitol’s faculty are working professionals in the field – subject matter experts who apply their knowledge on a daily basis and are up to speed on emerging developments.
Dr. Ian McAndrew
Dean of Doctoral Programs
An internationally recognized leader in research and expert on low-speed flight, Dr. McAndrew has five degrees: a PhD, two master’s degrees and two bachelor’s degrees. He is a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society. Dr. McAndrew chairs several international conferences and journals and is invited to give keynote speeches all over the world. He started his career in the automotive industry as an engine designer, and has worked at several universities across the globe. Dr. McAndrew is Dean of doctoral programs at Capitol Technology University. An external examiner on the world wide stage (UK USA, Germany, Italy, Jordan, Japan, Australia, Greece and Kenya) his experience includes over 115 successful Doctorate successes.Contact Dr. Ian McAndrew
Dr. Juanita Butler
Director of Doctoral Programs
Dr. Juanita Butler is the Director of Doctoral Programs at Capitol Technology University. She has served as the ARB and IRB reviewer. She is currently in the doctoral faculty and formally a Professor of Practice at Capitol in the master's program and is currently teaching Doctoral courses. She has previously taught at the University of South Florida in the CCA program and University of the People.
Market demand for Doctor of Business Administration in Supply Chain Management
You’ll have the necessary credentials to fill technical executive and senior-level positions in commercials companies as well as local, state and federal government.
A degree that is relevant to any and every organization
Graduate of the D.B.A. in Supply Chain Management will possess the highest knowledge in aspects associated and linked to supply chains with the ability to serve as top leaders in industry.
The PhD program offers 2 degree completion requirement options.
- Dissertation Option: the student will produce, present, and defend a doctoral dissertation after receiving the required approvals from the student’s Committee and the PhD Review Boards.
- Publication Option: the student will produce, present, and defend doctoral research that is published as articles (3 required) in high-impact journals identified by the university and the student’s Committee. Students must receive the required approvals from the student’s Committee and the PhD Review Board prior to publication.
Prior Achieved Credits May Be Accepted
Tuition & Fees
Tuition rates are subject to change.
The following rates are in effect for the 2022-2023 academic year, beginning in Fall 2022 and continuing through Summer 2023:
- The application fee is $100
- The per-credit charge for doctorate courses is $933. This is the same for in-state and out-of-state students.
- Retired military receive a $50 per credit hour tuition discount
- Active duty military receive a $100 per credit hour tuition discount for doctorate level coursework.
- High School and Community College full-time faculty and full-time staff receive a 20% discount on tuition for PhD or DSc programs.
For 2022-2023 doctorate tuition and fees, click here.