Chris Urdzik is the Director of Graduate Programs at Capitol Technology University. Chris has over 40 years of experience in international aviation maintenance management and education. He holds three master's degrees and is a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS).
Chris has 13 years of teaching and management experience in higher education. At Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, he held a variety of positions including Director of Academics for two remote campuses in Kuwait and Afghanistan. In this role, he was responsible for planning classes and recruiting, training and evaluating faculty members. He later was appointed as Assistant Program Chair for the B.S. in Aviation Business Administration program with a focus on program assessment. During these years, he also taught business and aviation courses in Europe both in classrooms and online. He spent several years as a member of the Faculty Senate and served on its Academic Quality Assurance Committee.
Chris retired from the US Air Force after 29 years of service in aircraft maintenance. He started out as an avionics maintenance technician and, after 10 years, went on to earn a commission from Officer Training School. He served in several leadership/management roles in flightline, intermediate repair and depot organizations, culminating in the successful command of an aircraft maintenance squadron with 850 Airmen and 96 F-15E Strike Eagle aircraft.
Some of Chris’ favorite quotes are:
“Attention to detail separates the great from the good.”
“Life rewards action.”
“Winning is a habit; unfortunately, so is losing.”
Areas of Expertise:
- Aeronautical Science
- Aviation Maintenance Management
- Aviation Safety and Human Factors Management
- Organizational Leadership
- Production and Operations Management
- Project Management
- Strategic Management
- Master of Aeronautical Science, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (2014)
- Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Air University (2005)
- Master of Science in Management, Troy University (1990)
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale (1987)
- Associate of Science in Avionics Systems Technology, Community College of the Air Force (1985)
Organizations & Affiliations
- Air and Space Forces Association (Life Member)
- Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS)
- Peer reviewed articles for the International Journal of Organizational Analysis