Dr. Hasna Banu
Dr. Hasna Banu is a globally experienced professor. She has played an instrumental role in making math fun and enjoyable through her teaching and entertaining projects. Her commitment to teaching has been recognized by several awards and distinctions. She has attended many conferences on developmental math in England, Denmark, and the Netherlands. She is proficient with graphing calculators and other mathematics software, including statcrunch, minitab, and fathom. Dr. Banu holds a Ph.D. in Applied Math and Theoretical Physics.
Areas of Expertise:
- PhD in Applied Math and Theoretical Physics, University of London
Certifications & Licenses
- District of Columbia State Superintendent of Education
- Mathematics/Regular II-A, 2013-2017
- Physics/ Regular II-A, 2013-2017
Honors & awards
- Capitol Technology University Faculty Teacher of the Year 2021-22
- In both Undergraduate and post graduate final exams, awarded gold medals for outstanding performance in Math from University of Dhaka
Research & Publications
- Published several research papers in home and foreign journals, especially in the Journal of Sound and Vibration, U.K.
- Guided M.Phil and Ph.D. research students at the University of Dhaka
- Organized several mathematical workshops and fairs at the University of Dhaka