Dr. Roderick Arthur
Dr. Roderick Arthur is a Senior Security Engineer with TBConsulting and an adjunct professor with Capitol Technology University. He has worked in IT and Cybersecurity for 23+ years for various organizations. He currently works with TBConsulting in Arizona as a Senior Security Engineer. He is married with four sons and resides in Middletown, NY.
New innovations in his field include Artificial Intelligence.
When he is not teaching, he is weightlifting or boxing at the gym.
Some advice that he offers to his students is: Work hard and be consistent.
Areas of Expertise:
- Ph.D., Cybersecurity
- M.S., Information Assurance
- B.S., Information Security and Forensics
- A.A., Information Systems/Networking
- Developing one of the first SOC curriculum’s (Capitol) in any university in the U.S.
Certifications and licenses
- SEC501: Advanced Security Essentials - SANS GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED)
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- ITIL Foundation v3
Research and publications
- Understanding Weaponized DDoS Attacks, CISO Mag, The Growing IoT Threat, LinkedIn
Organizations and affiliations
- InfraGard National Members Alliance
- Volunteer/Service experience
- Cybersecurity Doctoral Dissertation Committee
Professional website, blog, social media handles