Capitol Technology University was named a 2020-2021 Military Friendly® School by VIQTORY, a service-disabled, veteran-owned small business. This distinction is awarded to organizations committed to creating opportunities for the military community.
“It is my honor to notify you that you have been designated a Military Friendly® School for the 2020-2021 Military Friendly® Cycle,” wrote Josh Rosen, National Director of Military Friendly®, in an email. “We want to thank you for your hardwork [sic] and dedication to the military community.”
Capitol Technology University has and continues to implement programs benefitting members of our military. In fact, when it comes to educating active and former members of the armed forces, Capitol Technology University has a long, proud heritage. This heritage begins with Eugene H. Rietzke, the founder and first president of Capitol, then called CRIE, who was a Navy veteran.
“The Capitol community has a deeply vested respect for active duty and veteran military members including the several faculty and staff members and numerous students at our institution who have served in the military,” said Dr. Bradford Sims, President of Capitol. “We strive to create increased pathways for these heroes to succeed outside of their military service and are honored to be distinguished as a Bronze Military Friendly® School.”
Currently, Capitol is a participating institution in the Yellow Ribbon GI Educational Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program), allowing qualifying veterans the opportunity to attend one of Capitol’s undergraduate, master's, or doctoral programs tuition free.
Capitol also offers numerous other opportunities for active duty and retired veterans including:
- transfer of credits for military training based on the American Council on Education (ACE) guide;
- flexible payment options for active duty military and their spouses under the Tuition Assistance Program;
- a 50% tuition discount on up to 12 credit hours per academic year fir Maryland National Guard members;
- scholarships and financial aid;
- the use of educational benefits at Capitol for active duty, reserves, National Guard and veterans under the Veterans Administration;
- tuition reimbursement support for online programs which are listed in the DANTES catalog; and
- discounted tuition for all Active Duty Service-members pursuing undergraduate degree programs, master's degree programs, and doctorate degree programs.
The university is also affiliated with many organizations dedicated to supporting men and women in the service, such as the Air University-Associate to Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU-ABC), and is designated as a Maryland National Guard Educational Partner and an NDU iUniversity Academic Partner.
For more information on the distinction and the metrics used to name institutions as Military Friendly® Schools, visit: https://www.militaryfriendly.com/survey-schools-guide/.