Reginald G. Daniel
Reginald G. Daniel is a visionary leader with strong roots in technology, sales, Mergers & Acquisitions and human capital strategies.
Mr. Daniel is the former CEO of Audio Video Solutions, which he acquired in January of 2009. The company provided audio, video, low voltage, power management and network technology solutions to commercial, residential and government clients primarily in the Maryland, Virginia and Washington, DC areas.
He was also the Founder and CEO of Scientific and Engineering Solutions, Inc. (SES), a leading provider of Information Technology and Security solutions to the U.S. Government (both civilian, DOD and intelligence agencies). While running SES the company averaged growth of 35% per year since its inception in 1996 through 2003. Under Mr. Daniel’s leadership, SES won contracts valued in the hundreds of millions, delivering unsurpassed quality and support to all their clients. SES was sold to a strategic buyer in 2003.
He began his career in 1979 as a Communications Analyst in the U.S. Air Force. Next, his career path included duties as a Systems Analyst at Cray Research and an Account Manager at Silicon Graphics.
In 2004, the Maryland Technology Council, Prince George’s County Chapter, named Mr. Daniel Entrepreneur of the Year. In 2001 and 2002 the company SES earned a position on the prestigious Deloitte & Touche Fast 500/Fast 50 list, as well as, the 2001 Inc. 500 list (#151). In addition, the National Black Chamber of Commerce recognized him as the organization’s 2001 Entrepreneur of the Year. Ernst & Young named Mr. Daniel the 2001 IT Consulting Services Entrepreneur of the Year for Maryland.
Mr. Daniel earned a bachelor’s degree in computer science from the University of Maryland and obtained an MBA from Loyola College of Maryland through its Executive MBA program.
Current and past other affiliations include:
- Board of Trustees Capital Technology University
- Board Member Progressive Life Center
- Vice Chair, Prince Georges Community College Foundation
- Chairman, President’s Club, National Black Chamber of Commerce
- Member, U.S Senate Leadership Advisory Group
- Founding member, Greater Prince George's County Business Roundtable
- Member, National Black MBA Association
- Board Member, Economic Develop Commission (Governors Glendenning and Ehrlich)
- Board Member SASA (Strategic Affairs Support Association)