Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Financial Cybersecurity
Pending MHEC Approval
The Ph.D. in Financial Cybersecurity program is structured for experienced professionals in the Financial Services Data & Cybersecurity field. The degree provides a path for Financial Services & Cybersecurity personnel leading this critical sector. Graduates will contribute significantly to the Financial Services Data & Cybersecurity field through the creation of new knowledge and ideas by researching a specific topic or aspect. You will concentrate and become an expert in your field. This is especially true when in a world of ransomware and other attacks that can undermine a company or even prevent it operating are happening daily and more frequently. For those in this important field our degree offers a chance to lead the protection and security that assets and the sector will remain safe and secure.
Expert guidance in doctoral research
Capitol’s doctoral programs are supervised by faculty with extensive experience in chairing doctoral dissertations and mentoring students as they launch their academic careers. You’ll receive the guidance you need to successfully complete your doctoral research project and build credentials in the field.
Proven academic excellence
Study at a university that specializes in industry-focused education in technology fields, with a faculty that includes many industrial and academic experts.
Program is 100% Online
Our Ph.D. in Financial Cybersecurity is offered 100% online. Once you are accepted, all you need is an internet connection and you can attend class.
Dr. Ian McAndrew
Dean of Doctoral Programs
An internationally recognized leader in research and expert on low-speed flight, Dr. McAndrew has five degrees: a PhD, two master’s degrees and two bachelor’s degrees. He is a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society. Dr. McAndrew chairs several international conferences and journals and is invited to give keynote speeches all over the world. He started his career in the automotive industry as an engine designer, and has worked at several universities across the globe. Dr. McAndrew is Dean of doctoral programs at Capitol Technology University. An external examiner on the world wide stage (UK USA, Germany, Italy, Jordan, Japan, Australia, Greece and Kenya) his experience includes over 115 successful Doctorate successes.Contact Dr. Ian McAndrew
Dr. William Butler
Chair, Cyber and Information Security, Director, Center for Cybersecurity Research and Analysis (CCRA)
Dr. Bill Butler is currently Director, Center for Cybersecurity Research and Analysis (CCRA) at Capitol Technology University. Prior to this appointment in 2013 Bill worked in the networking and IT industries as a network engineer and consultant for over 20 years. Bill also served as a joint qualified communications information systems officer in the U.S. Marine Corps and retired as a Colonel with 30 years of service (active and reserve). Bill holds a Doctorate in cybersecurity earned from Capitol focusing on preserving cellphone privacy and countering illegal cell towers (IMSI catchers).
The PhD program offers 2-degree completion requirement options.
- Dissertation Option: the student will produce, present, and defend a doctoral dissertation after receiving the required approvals from the student’s Committee and the PhD Review Boards.
- Publication Option: the student will produce, present, and defend doctoral research that is published as articles (three required) in high-impact journals identified by the university and the student’s Committee. Students must receive the required approvals from the student’s Committee and the PhD Review Board prior to publication.
Prior Achieved Credits May Be Accepted
Tuition & Fees
Tuition rates are subject to change.
The following rates are in effect for the 2021-2022 academic year, beginning in Fall 2021 and continuing through Summer 2022:
- The application fee is $100
- The per-credit charge for doctorate courses is $933. This is the same for in-state and out-of-state students.
- Retired military receive a $50 per credit hour tuition discount
- Active duty military receive a $100 per credit hour tuition discount for doctorate level coursework.
- High School and Community College faculty and staff receive a 20% discount on tuition for PhD or DSc programs.
For 2020-2021 doctorate tuition and fees, click here.