STEM Outreach Center
The STEM Outreach Center provides hands-on education and workforce development experiences for students in K-12, community colleges, colleges or universities and those who support them in achieving leadership careers in the science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) fields.
Vision and Goals
The Center's vision is to assist in educating and developing the future leaders of the STEM career fields through utilizing space science, astronomy and other related areas of study at Capitol Technology University to engage students of all ages. Working at the local, regional, and national levels, the Center will:
- Assist the Capitol Technology University Space Operations Institute in fulfilling their mission
- Provide hands-on educational experiences for middle school, high school, community college, and college students to both introduce them to the STEM fields and continue to expand their interest in these fields as possible career choices.
- Provide leadership development opportunities, in conjunction with the Innovation and Leadership Institute, to enable students to be future leaders within the STEM fields.
- Support the dissemination of information regarding STEM workforce and leadership opportunities.
Funding Partners are organizations and corporations dedicated to assisting Capitol Technology University on its mission to provide encouragement for students K-12 to explore careers in the STEM fields and opportunities to receive an education that will prepare them for success in their chosen industry. Funding Partners have included Lockheed Martin, Maryland Space Grant Consortium, The Anthony & Anna L. Carozza Foundation and the Chesapeake Lighthouse Foundation
- Jump Start Juniors - High school juniors come to campus and participate in a showcase of academic and career paths in computer science, technology, engineering and math
- MD MESA- Annually Capitol faculty and students provide hands on activities in cybersecurity and astronautical engineering to high school and middle school students.
- Anne Arundel County MESA- Capitol hosts the annual MESA competition for Anne Arundel County Public Schools.
- Cyber Saturdays- Open to high school and community college students the Cyber Saturday program rotates among four different kinds of event: Laser Tag, Cyber Treasure Hunt, Oddball and Balance Beam. Each offers a distinct set of challenges for participants
To partner with the Center or request additional information, please contact:
Senior Vice President for Enrollment Management and Marketing