Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Cyber Leadership
Earn a doctorate degree in Cyber Leadership, help lead innovation in an in-demand industry
The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Cyber Leadership provides students with the opportunity to conduct extensive and sustained original research at the highest level in the field of Cyber Leadership. Cyber Leadership is the branch of computer science and cybersecurity that focuses on the development of the planning, management and implementation of the leadership needed for the system to work efficiently. As a result, Cyber Leadership is an interdisciplinary field that now includes a wide range of disciplines such as computers, cybersecurity, management, strategy, and logistics.
The PhD in Cyber Leadership is a unique doctoral program designed to meet the demands of the highest skilled professionals to become the leaders who will be involved in the advancement, expansion, and support of the Cyber industry. Cyber Leadership is one of the most rapidly growing fields, permeating all sectors of our lives as the Internet of Things (IoT) becomes integral to life, work, national security. As such, there is a need for innovative researchers and practitioners who desire to elevate their skills to the highest level and contribute to the body of knowledge in Cyber Leadership.
Our comprehensive cybersecurity center
The Center for Cybersecurity Research and Analysis serves as the university hub for training, research, analysis, and programming in all things cybersecurity. Learn to defeat simulated cyberattacks, land an internship where you can put your skills to work and prepare for the workforce, publish a scholarly article addressing an existing challenge in the field, and much more. Students–both on-ground and online–faculty, alumni, and community partners alike are welcome.
Learn around your busy schedule
Program is 100% online, with no on-campus classes or residencies required, allowing you the flexibility needed to balance your studies and career.
Proven academic excellence
Study at a university that specializes in industry-focused education in technology fields, with a faculty that includes many industrial and academic experts.
Expert guidance in doctoral research
Capitol’s doctoral programs are supervised by faculty with extensive experience in chairing doctoral dissertations and mentoring students as they launch their academic careers. You’ll receive the guidance you need to successfully complete your doctoral research project and build credentials in the field.
The PhD program offers 2 degree completion requirement options.
- Dissertation Option: the student will produce, present, and defend a doctoral dissertation after receiving the required approvals from the student’s Committee and the PhD Review Boards.
- Publication Option: the student will produce, present, and defend doctoral research that is published as articles (3 required) in high-impact journals identified by the university and the student’s Committee. Students must receive the required approvals from the student’s Committee and the PhD Review Board prior to publication.
Prior Achieved Credits May Be Accepted
Tuition & Fees
Tuition rates are subject to change.
The following rates are in effect for the 2022-2023 academic year, beginning in Fall 2022 and continuing through Summer 2023:
- The application fee is $100
- The per-credit charge for doctorate courses is $933. This is the same for in-state and out-of-state students.
- Retired military receive a $50 per credit hour tuition discount
- Active duty military receive a $100 per credit hour tuition discount for doctorate level coursework.
- High School and Community College full-time faculty and full-time staff receive a 20% discount on tuition for PhD or DSc programs.
For 2022-2023 doctorate tuition and fees, click here.