Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Facilities Management
Pending MHEC Approval
The Ph.D. in Facilities Management degree provides a path for Facilities Management personnel to explore new ground in an industry experiencing a technological revolution – a revolution that extends to almost every aspect of the profession. As the industry becomes more technical and demanding this degree will develop thinkers to solve larger complex issues at the highest level. Graduates will contribute significantly to the Facilities Management field through the creation of new knowledge, ideas, and technology. The Ph.D. in Facilities Management program is designed as a doctorate by research where students will quickly become able to engage in leadership, research, and publishing. You will focus on research designed to match your strengths and needs while learning the erudite aspects needed to move the subject to the highest level.
Expert guidance in doctoral research
Capitol’s doctoral programs are supervised by faculty with extensive experience in chairing doctoral dissertations and mentoring students as they launch their academic careers. You’ll receive the guidance you need to successfully complete your doctoral research project and build credentials in the field.
Proven academic excellence
Study at a university that specializes in industry-focused education in technology fields, with a faculty that includes many industrial and academic experts.
Program is 100% Online
Our Ph.D. in Facilities Management is offered 100% online. Once you are accepted, all you need is an internet connection and you can attend class.
Dr. Linda F. Martin
Dr. Linda F. Martin has a PhD in Occupational Health and Safety from Capitol Tech, an MS in Occupational Safety Management, an MBA, and a BS in Geology. Dr. Martin has 30 years of professional experience in construction and occupational safety and has a strong background in all aspects of the environmental health and safety disciplines. Dr. Martin is the former Chief Learning Officer at the Board of Certified Safety Professionals, where she previously served as a two-term President of the Board of Directors. She holds several highly regarded industry credentials, such as the Certified Safety Professional and the Certified Industrial Hygienist certifications. Dr. Martin is the 2018 National Safety Council Marion Martin award winner for women in safety who have achieved professional excellence in their area of specialty and helped pave the way to success for other women in the profession.
Dr. Ian McAndrew
Dean of Doctoral Programs
An internationally recognized leader in research and expert on low-speed flight, Dr. McAndrew has five degrees: a PhD, two master’s degrees and two bachelor’s degrees. He is a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society. Dr. McAndrew chairs several international conferences and journals and is invited to give keynote speeches all over the world. He started his career in the automotive industry as an engine designer, and has worked at several universities across the globe. Dr. McAndrew is Dean of doctoral programs at Capitol Technology University. An external examiner on the world wide stage (UK USA, Germany, Italy, Jordan, Japan, Australia, Greece and Kenya) his experience includes over 115 successful Doctorate successes.
The PhD program offers 2-degree completion requirement options.
- Dissertation Option: the student will produce, present, and defend a doctoral dissertation after receiving the required approvals from the student’s Committee and the PhD Review Boards.
- Publication Option: the student will produce, present, and defend doctoral research that is published as articles (three required) in high-impact journals identified by the university and the student’s Committee. Students must receive the required approvals from the student’s Committee and the PhD Review Board prior to publication.
Prior Achieved Credits May Be Accepted
Tuition & Fees
Tuition rates are subject to change.
The following rates are in effect for the 2021-2022 academic year, beginning in Fall 2021 and continuing through Summer 2022:
- The application fee is $100
- The per-credit charge for doctorate courses is $933. This is the same for in-state and out-of-state students.
- Retired military receive a $50 per credit hour tuition discount
- Active duty military receive a $100 per credit hour tuition discount for doctorate level coursework.
- High School and Community College faculty and staff receive a 20% discount on tuition for PhD or DSc programs.
For 2020-2021 doctorate tuition and fees, click here.