Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Quantum Computing
Earn a doctorate degree in Quantum Computing, help lead innovation in a growing industry
The PhD in Quantum Computing is a unique doctoral program designed to meet the immediate industry need for innovative researchers and practitioners. Professionals will graduate with the skills necessary to become key leaders in the advancement, expansion, and support of the this rapidly growing industry.
Students in this program will conduct extensive and sustained original research on the applications of Quantum Computing, which harnesses and exploits the laws of quantum mechanics to process a vast number of calculations simultaneously. Faculty of this program are industry experts devoted to providing students deep proficiency in this area using an interdisciplinary methodology, cutting-edge courses, and dynamic faculty skill sets.
Graduates with the Ph.D. in Quantum Computing can expect to fill executive and senior-level positions in commercial companies as well as local, state, and federal government with a variety of titles such as:
- Quantum Senior Scientist
- Quantum Senior Software Engineer
- Chief, Quantum Computing Solutions
- Vice President, Quantum Solutions
- Senior Director, Quantum Computing
- Senior Quantum Solutions Architect
- Senior Quantum Systems Engineer
- Director, Federal Quantum Research
- Chief, State Quantum Solutions
- Senior State Quantum Applications Engineer
- Senior Director, Financial Quantum Computing
Graduates will also possess the required knowledge in Quantum Computing to serve as a subject matter expert and form their own private company.
Learn around your busy schedule
Program is 100% online, with no on-campus classes or residencies required, allowing you the flexibility needed to balance your studies and career.
Proven academic excellence
Study at a university that specializes in industry-focused education in technology fields, with a faculty that includes many industrial and academic experts.
Expert guidance in doctoral research
Capitol’s doctoral programs are supervised by faculty with extensive experience in chairing doctoral dissertations and mentoring students as they launch their academic careers. You’ll receive the guidance you need to successfully complete your doctoral research project and build credentials in the field.
Dr. Ian McAndrew
Dean of Doctoral Programs
An internationally recognized leader in research and expert on low-speed flight, Dr. McAndrew has five degrees: a PhD, two master’s degrees and two bachelor’s degrees. He is a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society. Dr. McAndrew chairs several international conferences and journals and is invited to give keynote speeches all over the world. He started his career in the automotive industry as an engine designer, and has worked at several universities across the globe. Dr. McAndrew is Dean of doctoral programs at Capitol Technology University. An external examiner on the world wide stage (UK USA, Germany, Italy, Jordan, Japan, Australia, Greece and Kenya) his experience includes over 115 successful Doctorate successes.Contact Dr. Ian McAndrew
The PhD program offers 2 degree completion requirement options.
- Thesis Option:the student will produce, present, and defend a doctoral dissertation after receiving the required approvals from the student’s Committee and the PhD Review Boards.
- Publication Option:the student will produce, present, and defend their original doctoral research and produce three published as articles in high-impact journals identified by the university and the student’s Committee. Students must receive the required approvals from the student’s Committee and the PhD Review Board prior to publication.
Prior Achieved Credits May Be Accepted
Tuition & Fees
Tuition rates are subject to change.
The following rates are in effect for the 2022-2023 academic year, beginning in Fall 2022 and continuing through Summer 2023:
- The application fee is $100
- The per-credit charge for doctorate courses is $933. This is the same for in-state and out-of-state students.
- Retired military receive a $50 per credit hour tuition discount
- Active duty military receive a $100 per credit hour tuition discount for doctorate level coursework.
- High School and Community College full-time faculty and full-time staff receive a 20% discount on tuition for PhD or DSc programs.
For 2022-2023 doctorate tuition and fees, click here.