Bachelor of Science (BS) in Esports Management
Earn a BS in Esports Management, lead the future of competitive gaming
Capitol Technology University's Bachelor of Science in Esports Management degree, the first and only program of its kind in Maryland, is designed to meet the rapidly growing needs of the Esports industry. The fastest-growing field in the entertainment world, esports is expected to generate $1.1 billion in revenue, is growing at a rate of 15.7% a year, and capture a global audience of over 495.0 million viewers as predicted in the research firm Newzoo's 2020 report.
The BS in Esports Management provides a first-rate, cutting-edge education in esports operations. Students will learn how to apply core management fundamentals tailored to the esports industry and create a go-to-market digital distribution strategy. Students will understand the nuances and complexities associated with managing esports teams, events, and leagues. Students will also use those skills in real-world events before graduation. The B.S. degree in Esports Management will prepare students for entry-level positions throughout the exciting esports industry.
Capitol Tech currently employs online virtual simulations in a game-like environment to teach the application of knowledge in a practical hands-on manner when in-person hands-on opportunities are not possible. Students enrolled in this degree will benefit from the university's use of current technology which occurs in parallel with traditional, proven learning strategies which is designed to increase engagement, improve outcomes, and improve retention and graduation rates.
Our location puts you in the heart of the action.
The Baltimore/Washington D.C. area has one of the largest concentrations of high-tech companies, defense contractors, and government agencies in the United States, making it easier to find internships and high-paying jobs.
Our classes are taught by working professionals.
The construction management field is undergoing rapid change in light of emerging technologies, including the Internet of Things (IoT).
The BS in Esports Management is 121 credits and covers business management principles, leadership skills, and the ins and outs of game design and the game industry.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition rates are subject to change.
The following rates are in effect for the 2022-2023 academic year, beginning in Fall 2022 and continuing through Summer 2023:
- There is no charge for online application, $25 fee for paper application
- Full-time tuition is $12,915 per semester, plus fees
- The active duty military tuition rate is $250 per credit, plus fees (additional discounts and scholarships do not apply)
- The retired military tuition rate is $746 per credit, plus fees (additional discounts and scholarships do not apply)
- All full-time students who keep their student account current are promised their tuition will not increase more than 1% per year for four years
- For the cost of living in Capitol Technology University's modern residential facility, click here.
- Academic Fee for UAS-120 $500
For 2022-2023 undergraduate tuition and fees, click here.