Aviation Cybersecurity Management – Online Short Course
- From October 18 – November 10, 2022 (4 Weeks, 8 Classes, 16 Total Hours)
- Every Tuesday and Thursday at 1300-1500 Eastern Time (all sessions will be recorded and available for replay; course materials will be available for download)
- All students will receive an AIAA Certificate of Completion at the end of the course
This course covers Aviation Cybersecurity Management, a discipline that is fast becoming one of the most important aspects of the aviation industry. Aircraft systems integrity, airport security, security of the passengers, cargo and the myriad systems that support aviation are a few areas where the reliance on computer networks is significant and the consequences of cyber breaches are great. Students will learn the needs and developments of cybersecurity, and techniques to minimize or eliminate threats. The course treats aviation cybersecurity management within the context of rapid technological changes.
Leadership Development Training
For adult learners not seeking a degree, short courses, seminars, and modules of the educational curriculum will be made available for short-term training sessions (though the credits may transfer toward degrees). These activities, which focus on information assurance and leadership/management, are designed to develop skills and assist professionals in achieving relevant certifications for the advancement of their careers.
Applied Innovation Research
Faculty and advanced students will engage in practical research projects to demonstrate technology capabilities in government and business environments. They will also regularly survey trends in the professional and trade literature to summarize new and best practices. A newsletter or journal disseminating these best practices in technology innovation and leadership will be published quarterly.
Leaders from non-competing organizations with similar opportunities or challenges will convene at our neutral campus to create shared solutions or action plans for all organizations involved, facilitated by an ILI faculty member or Leader in Residence.
Ways to Participate
There are many ways to be a part of the Institute. You can support our mission by:
- Becoming a member of the Advisory Boards
- Participating in student internship and co-op programs
- Sponsoring specific focus area forums in an academic environment
- Supporting the study of technical leadership via scholarships and faculty chairs
- Supporting centers dedicated to the study of technical leadership across a plethora of areas (e.g. cyber, environment, systems engineering, etc)
- Supporting STEM initiatives with the University
- Supporting capital projects designed to improve the learning and living environment for faculty and students
- Hiring leadership-skilled graduates of Capitol Technology University
For more information, contact email@example.com