Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Real Estate Management
Earn a doctorate degree in Real Estate Management, help build the future
The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Real Estate Management degree is a unique program designed to meet the long-standing needs of real estate management field in commercial and residential real estate technology.
The world of commercial and residential real estate is evolving rapidly. The days of hard copy papers, day-long guided tours of properties for real estate agents, companies, and government are quickly disappearing. New technology, such as Zillow and Trulia, is spreading rapidly through commercial real estate at an even faster pace than smartphone applications and have changed the world of single-family home sales in residential real estate. The breadth of the change is also much broader and deeper now for both the commercial and residential real estate sectors.
The completion of the PhD in Real Estate Management requires the student to produce, present, and defend a doctoral dissertation after receiving the required approvals from the student’s Committee and the PhD Review Board.
There are two options for completion of this PhD program. Under the dissertation option, the student will produce, present, and defend a doctoral dissertation after receiving the required approvals from the student’s Committee and the Ph.D. Review Board. Under the publication option, the student will produce, present, and defend their original doctoral research after receiving the required approvals from the student’s Committee and the Ph.D. Review Board. The student must also publish three works of original research in a scholarly peer-reviewed journal(s) of high stature. Two of the three published works may be in a peer reviewed conference proceeding if the conference is international.
Learn around your busy schedule
Program is 100% online, with no on-campus classes or residencies required, allowing you the flexibility needed to balance your studies and career.
Proven academic excellence
Study at a university that specializes in industry-focused education in technology fields, with a faculty that includes many industrial and academic experts.
Expert guidance in doctoral research
Capitol’s doctoral programs are supervised by faculty with extensive experience in chairing doctoral dissertations and mentoring students as they launch their academic careers. You’ll receive the guidance you need to successfully complete your doctoral research project and build credentials in the field.
Dr. Ian McAndrew
Dean of Doctoral Programs
An internationally recognized leader in research and expert on low-speed flight, Dr. McAndrew has five degrees: a PhD, two master’s degrees and two bachelor’s degrees. He is a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society. Dr. McAndrew chairs several international conferences and journals and is invited to give keynote speeches all over the world. He started his career in the automotive industry as an engine designer, and has worked at several universities across the globe. Dr. McAndrew is Dean of doctoral programs at Capitol Technology University. An external examiner on the world wide stage (UK USA, Germany, Italy, Jordan, Japan, Australia, Greece and Kenya) his experience includes over 115 successful Doctorate successes.Contact Dr. Ian McAndrew
The PhD program offers 2 degree completion requirement options.
- Dissertation Option: the student will produce, present, and defend a doctoral dissertation after receiving the required approvals from the student’s Committee and the PhD Review Boards.
- Publication Option: the student will produce, present, and defend doctoral research that is published as articles (3 required) in high-impact journals identified by the university and the student’s Committee. Students must receive the required approvals from the student’s Committee and the PhD Review Board prior to publication.
Prior Achieved Credits May Be Accepted
Tuition & Fees
Tuition rates are subject to change.
The following rates are in effect for the 2022-2023 academic year, beginning in Fall 2022 and continuing through Summer 2023:
- The application fee is $100
- The per-credit charge for doctorate courses is $933. This is the same for in-state and out-of-state students.
- Retired military receive a $50 per credit hour tuition discount
- Active duty military receive a $100 per credit hour tuition discount for doctorate level coursework.
- High School and Community College full-time faculty and full-time staff receive a 20% discount on tuition for PhD or DSc programs.
For 2022-2023 doctorate tuition and fees, click here.