Pollack, Dr. Bary W.
Dr. Pollack served as the Computer Science Program Chair within the Department of Science and Technology at Sierra Nevada University for two decades. Immediately prior to coming to SNC, he was a member of the Computer Science faculties of both the City College of San Francisco and San Francisco State University. Prior to this Dr. Pollack served for over 20 years as Vice President, Research and Development at several companies in Silicon Valley designing and implementing software products. Dr. Pollack’s special interests include entertainment technology, computer graphics, programming languages, compilers, and the theory of computing.
Areas of Expertise:
- Programming Languages
- Computer Graphics
- Operating Systems
- Video Games
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Stanford University
- M.S. in Computer Science, Stanford University
- B.S. in Mathematics, M.I.T.
- Co-founder, General Parametrics Corporation
Certifications & Licenses
- California State Community College Lifetime Instructor Credential
- Computer Science iCarnegie Instructor Certificate in Software Programming, Carnegie Mellon University
Honors & Awards
- Sigma Xi, Elected March 1974
Research and Publications
- Author: Compiler Techniques, Auerbach Publishers, Inc., New York (1972)
- Co-author: A Computer Model of Transformational Grammar, with Joyce Friedman, et al. Various papers published in professional journals and conference proceedings, 1972-1980
Organizations & Affiliations
- ACM, IEEE Computer Society
- Co-founder Winds-Across-the Bay; a youth symphonic band
- Reader, Advanced Placement Computer Science for ETS
- Website: http://www.csci-snc.com/