Dr. Ilia Kolochenko
Dissertation Chair/Adjunct ProfessorImmuniWeb
Dr. Ilia Kolochenko is a Swiss cybersecurity expert, jurist and entrepreneur, and is the Chief Architect & CEO of ImmuniWeb, a global application security company located in Geneva, Switzerland. He started his career as a penetration tester and has over 15 years of experience in information security auditing and digital forensics.
Dr. Kolochenko is a member of Europol Data Protection Experts Network (EDEN) and of INTERPOL Digital Forensics Expert Group (DFEG), a Member of GIAC Advisory Board and SANS CISO Network, a Committee Member at Boston University MET CIC (Cybercrime Investigation & Cybersecurity) Center, and a CIPP exam question writer at the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
Dr. Kolochenko has authored over 50 articles on application security and cybercrime investigation for leading cybersecurity magazines, including CSO Online, Dark Reading and SC Media, as well as Forbes, and was awarded the SC Media Reboot Leadership Award for Thought Leader. He completed his Ph.D. in Computer Science from Capitol Technology University.
As an Adjunct Professor, Dr. Ilia Kolochenko is the dissertation chair for cybersecurity & cyber law topics and performs examinations of work at the doctoral level.
When he is not teaching, he enjoys studying, working, and spending quality time with his family. Dr. Kolochenko offers this simple advice to his students: “Work very hard. Keep going. Try harder.”
Areas of Expertise:
- Cybercrime investigation
- Cyber law
- Bachelor of Science (BS), Computer Science, Webster University
- Master of Legal Studies (MLS), Washington University in St. Louis School of Law
- Master of Science (MS), Criminal Justice (Cybersecurity & Cybercrime Investigation), Boston University
- Master of Laws (LLM), Information Technology Law, Edinburgh University School of Law
- PhD, Computer Science, Capitol Technology University
Certifications & Licenses
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP):
- CIPP/US, CIPP/Europe, CIPP/Canada and CIPP/Asia
- Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC):
- GDAT, GCPN, GPCS, GCSA, GCTI, GMOB and GLEG
Honors & Awards
- "Thought Leader", SC Media Reboot Leadership Awards
- "Forum des 100", Switzerland
Organizations & Affiliations
- Member of Europol EDEN
- Member of INTERPOL DFEG
- Member of IAPP Appeals Board