Capitol Technology University, a 2020-2021 Military Friendly® School, is offering a new tuition discount program to support retired military personnel in addition to our longstanding active duty tuition discounts. The program provides a tuition discount of $100 per credit hour off undergraduate and masters programs and a $50 per credit hour discount off doctoral programs.
“Our community’s deep respect for active duty and veteran military members is engrained in the University, beginning with the Naval officer who founded Capitol and continuing through the numerous current faculty, staff, and students who have served in the military,” said Dr. Bradford Sims, President of Capitol. “We strive to create pathways for these heroes to succeed outside of their military service which is the driving factor behind this new discount and the many other tuition reduction programs we offer for active duty and veteran military members.”
Capitol Technology University has and continues to implement programs benefitting members of our military. In fact, when it comes to educating active and former members of the armed forces, Capitol Technology University has a long, proud heritage. This heritage begins with Eugene H. Rietzke, the founder and first president of Capitol, then called CRIE, who was a Navy veteran.
In addition to being named a 2020-2021 Military Friendly® School by VIQTORY, Capitol is also a participating institution in the Yellow Ribbon GI Educational Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program), allowing qualifying veterans the opportunity to attend one of Capitol’s undergraduate, master's, or doctoral programs tuition free.
Capitol also offers numerous other opportunities for active duty and retired veterans including:
- transfer of credits for military training based on the American Council on Education (ACE) guide;
- flexible payment options for active duty military and their spouses under the Tuition Assistance Program;
- a 50% tuition discount on up to 12 credit hours per academic year for Maryland National Guard members;
- scholarships and financial aid;
- the use of educational benefits at Capitol for active duty, reserves, National Guard and veterans under the Veterans Administration;
- tuition reimbursement support for online programs which are listed in the DANTES catalog; and
- discounted tuition for all Active Duty Service-members pursuing undergraduate degree programs, master's degree programs, and doctorate degree programs.
The university is also affiliated with many organizations dedicated to supporting men and women in the service, such as the Air University-Associate to Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU-ABC), and is designated as a Maryland National Guard Educational Partner and an NDU iUniversity Academic Partner.
For more information on the distinction and the metrics used to name institutions as Military Friendly® Schools, visit: https://www.militaryfriendly.com/survey-schools-guide/.