Bachelor of Science (BS) in Mechatronics Engineering
Earn a bachelor of science in Mechatronics Engineering, broaden your skills and expertise
As a mechatronics engineering (ME) student, you'll study electrical, computer, and mechanical engineering fundamentals. Mechatronics engineering is a fast growing interdisciplinary field with potential careers in industries like aerospace, automotive, chemical processing, healthcare, manufacturing, and mining. Potential employers include NASA, Honeywell, GE, GM, Lockheed Martin, Intel, Texas Instruments, Boeing, IBM, Tesla, and many others.
Our program combines electrical, computer, mechanical, control, and telecommunications engineering with robotics and cybersecurity. With a BS in Mechatronics Engineering from Capitol, you’ll be the critical link between technicians and engineers, working together to bring projects from conception to completion.
The program provides the essential knowledge to enter into the ME industry in careers, such as:
- Mechatronics Engineer - average salary, $70,4241
- Industrial Engineer -average salary, $66,9101
- Testing Engineer - average salary, $71,8801
- Integration Engineer - average salary, $85,4441
- Project Coordinator - average salary, $84,0001
- Applications Engineer - average salary, $70,7851
- Engineering Consultant - average salary, $78,9811
Our location puts you in the heart of the action.
The Baltimore/Washington D.C. area has one of the largest concentrations of high-tech companies, defense contractors, and government agencies in the United States, making it easier to find interships and high-paying jobs.
Our classes are taught by working professionals.
A field like mechatronics engineering is constantly evolving, which makes our faculty extremely valuable since many are experts in the field.
Our motto, 'find a way or make one' delivers job ready skills.
Hands on classes, combined with extracurricular clubs like: League of Legends, the robotics club, and the gaming club, help you hone the skills needed to excel in the workplace.
Capitol Tech Opportunities
You have the chance to showcase your classroom knowledge in your capstone project, which is required for graduation. Depending on your major, this could be writing a report and giving an oral presentation or building, designing and testing a working prototype.
Co-Ops and Internships
An internship is an essential first step to launching your career. Our reputation helps to open doors, plus our career services office provides guidance on how to write a resume to career-related events and much more.
Home to more than 1,000 tech startups, is now ranked amongst the top 10 cities for tech jobs. Tech sector jobs in D.C. grew by 50% in the last decade. Within an hour of the campus, you can attend conferences, summits, workshops, and trade shows; you can interview for summer internships; and you can visit trade groups, think tanks, and organizations.
Top Employers of Capitol Technology University's Graduates
Dr. Chandra Bajracharya
Assistant Professor Electrical Engineering
Chandra Bajracharya received the Ph.D. degree in electrical and computer engineering from Old Dominion University, USA, in 2014. She is a faculty member with the Department of Electrical Engineering, Capitol Technology University, USA. She was associated with the Frank Reidy Research Center for Bioelectrics and worked on several projects funded by U.S. Air Force and National Institute of Health. Her research interests include wireless networking, cyber-physical systems, power electronics, alternative energy, communication systems, numerical electromagnetics, UWB antenna design, and signal and image processing.
The Capitol Commitment
We’ve created a game plan to make sure you find a job upon graduation. Learn more.
Market Demand for Mechatronics Engineering
- 82% of our graduates have a job or enter graduate school 90 days after commencement
- The average salary for a mechatronics engineer is between $64,000 and $96,000
Degree Details: Beginning fall of 2019
The bachelor of science in mechatronics engineering degree is a total of 122 credits, which covers engineering, computers and programming, technical courses, mathematics and sciences, English and social science courses.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition rates are subject to change.
The following rates are in effect for the 2020-2021 academic year, beginning in Fall 2020 and continuing through Summer 2021:
- There is no charge for online application, $25 fee for paper application
- Full-time tuition is $12,915 per semester, plus fees
- The active duty military tuition rate is $250 per credit, plus fees (additional discounts and scholarships do not apply)
- The retired military tuition rate is $746 per credit, plus fees (additional discounts and scholarships do not apply)
- All full-time students who keep their student account current are promised their tuition will not increase more than 1% per year for four years
- For the cost of living in Capitol Technology University's modern residential facility, click here
- Academic Fee for UAS-120 $500
For 2020-2021 undergraduate tuition and fees, click here.