Bachelor of Science (BS) in Software Engineering
Software engineers are in high demand across all industries. The bachelor of science in software engineering provides the essential entry point into such careers as:
- Software engineer – median base pay, $104,000, ranked 10thbest job in the nation1
- Senior software engineer – average base pay, $112,5502
- Data engineer – median base pay, $100,000, ranked 8th best job in the nation1
- Software engineering manager – median base pay $153,000, ranked 43rd best job in the nation1
- Enterprise architect – median base pay, $122,5852
Earn your degree in the heart of one of the world’s most important technology hubs surrounded by world-renowned government agencies, tech company headquarters and key technology users in government, healthcare, defense, space and professional services.
With the university’s strong links with large and small DC-area employers, who have an un-met demand for high technology graduates, we aim to connect our outstanding graduates to these employers and awaiting opportunities.
1 Data based upon Glassdoor’s 2019 50 Best Jobs in America
2 Salary based upon 2019 Glassdoor salary data
Our location puts you in the heart of the action.
The Baltimore/ Washington D.C. area has one of the largest concentrations of high-tech companies, defense contractors, and government agencies in the United States, making it easier to find internships and high-paying jobs.
Our classes are taught by working professionals.
A field like software engineering is constantly evolving, which makes our faculty extremely valuable since many are experts in the field.
Our motto, ‘find a way, or make one’ delivers job ready skills.
Hands on classes, combined with extracurricular clubs like; League of Legends, the robotics club, and the gaming club help you hone the skills needed to excel in the workplace.
Capitol Tech Opportunities
Team-Oriented, Multidisciplinary Projects
Professionals from all backgrounds collaborate in the real-world, so we’ve structured our labs to operate the same way. Students majoring in electrical engineering, cybersecurity, astronautical engineering and others all form teams to collaborate, trouble-shoot and explore what’s possible in our labs.
You have the chance to showcase your classroom knowledge in your capstone project, which is required for graduation. Depending on your major, this could be writing a report and giving an oral presentation or building, designing and testing a working prototype.
Co-Ops and Internships
An internship is an essential first step to launching your career. Our reputation helps to open doors, plus our career services office provides guidance on how to write a resume to career-related events and much more.
Top Employers of Capitol Technology University's Graduates
The Capitol Commitment
We’ve created a game plan to make sure you find a job upon graduation. Learn more.
The bachelor of science in software engineering (BSSE) degree is a total of 120 credits, which covers computers and software, engineering, technical courses, mathematics and sciences, English and social science courses
Tuition & Fees
Tuition rates are subject to change.
The following rates are in effect for the 2022-2023 academic year, beginning in Fall 2022 and continuing through Summer 2023:
- There is no charge for online application, $25 fee for paper application
- Full-time tuition is $12,915 per semester, plus fees
- The active duty military tuition rate is $250 per credit, plus fees (additional discounts and scholarships do not apply)
- The retired military tuition rate is $746 per credit, plus fees (additional discounts and scholarships do not apply)
- All full-time students who keep their student account current are promised their tuition will not increase more than 1% per year for four years
- For the cost of living in Capitol Technology University's modern residential facility, click here.
- Academic Fee for UAS-120 $500
For 2022-2023 undergraduate tuition and fees, click here.