Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Cyberpsychology
Pending MHEC Approval
Earn an online doctoral degree in cyberpsychology
The Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Cyberpsychology degree is a unique program designed to meet the rapidly evolving needs of an ever-changing world of conflict within the cybersphere. The Ph.D. in Cyberpsychology program provides students with the opportunity to conduct extensive and sustained, original research at the highest level in the field of Cyberpsychology. The Ph. D. in Cyberpsychology is for current professionals in the field who desire to elevate their skills to the highest level and to contribute to the body of knowledge in Cyberpsychology.
Learn around your busy schedule
Program is 100% online, with no on-campus classes or residencies required, allowing you the flexibility needed to balance your studies and career.
Proven academic excellence
Study at a university that specializes in industry-focused education in technology fields, with a faculty that includes many industrial and academic experts.
Expert guidance in doctoral research
Capitol’s doctoral programs are supervised by faculty with extensive experience in chairing doctoral dissertations and mentoring students as they launch their academic careers. You’ll receive the guidance you need to successfully complete your doctoral research project and build credentials in the field.
Dr. Ian McAndrew
Dean of Doctoral Programs
An internationally recognized leader in research and expert on low-speed flight, Dr. McAndrew has five degrees: a PhD, two master’s degrees and two bachelor’s degrees. He is a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society. Dr. McAndrew chairs several international conferences and journals and is invited to give keynote speeches all over the world. He started his career in the automotive industry as an engine designer, and has worked at several universities across the globe. Dr. McAndrew is Dean of doctoral programs at Capitol Technology University. An external examiner on the world wide stage (UK USA, Germany, Italy, Jordan, Japan, Australia, Greece and Kenya) his experience includes over 115 successful Doctorate successes.Contact Dr. Ian McAndrew
Dr. Mary Aiken
Chair and Professor, Cyberpsychology Department
Dr. Mary Aiken serves as Chair and Professor of the Cyberpsychology Department. She holds a Ph.D. in Forensic Cyberpsychology. Professor Mary Aiken is a world leading expert in Cyberpsychology – the study of the impact of technology on human behaviour and is a Professor of Forensic Cyberpsychology in the Department of Law and Criminology at the University of East London. Dr. Aiken is a member of INTERPOL's Global Cybercrime Expert Group and an Academic Advisor to Europol’s European Cybercrime Centre (EC3). She is a Fellow of The Royal Society of Medicine, Global Fellow at the Washington DC Wilson Center, a member of the Medico-Legal Society, an International Affiliate Member of the American Psychological Association (APA) and a Fellow of the Society for Chartered IT Professionals.
The PhD program offers 2 degree completion requirement options.
- Dissertation Option: the student will produce, present, and defend a doctoral dissertation after receiving the required approvals from the student’s Committee and the PhD Review Boards.
- Publication Option: the student will produce, present, and defend doctoral research that is published as articles (3 required) in high-impact journals identified by the university and the student’s Committee. Students must receive the required approvals from the student’s Committee and the PhD Review Board prior to publication.
Prior Achieved Credits May Be Accepted
Tuition & Fees
Tuition rates are subject to change.
The following rates are in effect for the 2021-2022 academic year, beginning in Fall 2021 and continuing through Summer 2022:
- The application fee is $100
- The per-credit charge for doctorate courses is $933. This is the same for in-state and out-of-state students.
- Retired military receive a $50 per credit hour tuition discount
- Active duty military receive a $100 per credit hour tuition discount for doctorate level coursework.
- High School and Community College faculty and staff receive a 20% discount on tuition for PhD or DSc programs.
For 2020-2021 doctorate tuition and fees, click here.