Doctor of Education (EdD) in Educational Data Analytics
Earn a doctoral degree in educational data analytics and meet the longstanding needs to improve education for student success through data-driven decision-making and metrics analysis.
The field of Educational Data Analytics focuses on data analytics to improve student success, educational development, and course design. The U.S. Department of Education began an initiative to collect, analyze, and promote the use of high-quality data to support policymaking, demographic research, and resource accessibility within the educational system. Since then, using big data in this environment has shown increasing progress as well as a need for professionals who can perform this analysis research. Predictive modeling, adaptive learning, decision management, comprehensive assessments, and learner engagement are all forms of innovation made possible through educational data analytics. This degree provides a path for education and administrative professionals to be at the forefront of managing these areas.
The EdD in Educational Data Analytics is for current professionals or those with experience in the educational sector. Students will pursue a deep proficiency in this area using interdisciplinary methodologies, cutting-edge courses, and dynamic faculty. Graduates will contribute significantly to the Educational Data Analytics field through the creation of new knowledge and ideas.
As your EdD progresses, you will move through a series of progression points and review stages by your academic supervisor. This ensures that you are engaged in a process of research that will lead to the production of a high-quality Thesis and/or publications and that you are on track to complete this in the time available. Following submission of your EdD Thesis or accepted three academic journal articles, you will have an oral presentation assessed by an external expert in your field.
Expert guidance in doctoral research
Capitol’s doctoral programs are supervised by faculty with extensive experience in chairing doctoral dissertations and mentoring students as they launch their academic careers. You’ll receive the guidance you need to successfully complete your doctoral research project and build credentials in the field.
Proven academic excellence
Study at a university that specializes in industry-focused education in technology fields, nationally recognized for our academic excellence in our programs.
Program is 100% online
Our EdD in Educational Data Analytics is offered 100% online.
Market demand for educational data analytics expertise
Get the necessary credentials to take on a leadership role; become a researcher, speaker, author, or trusted expert.
A degree that is relevant to any and every organization
Graduates will contribute significantly to the educational data analytics field through the creation of new knowledge and ideas.
The PhD program offers 2 degree completion requirement options.
- Dissertation Option: the student will produce, present, and defend a doctoral dissertation after receiving the required approvals from the student’s dissertation committee and the PhD review boards.
- Publication Option: the student will produce, present, and defend doctoral research that is published as articles (3 required) in peer reviewed journals identified by the university and the student’s Committee. Students must receive the required approvals from the student’s Committee and the PhD Review Board prior to publication.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition rates are subject to change.
The following rates are in effect for the 2024-2025 academic year, beginning in Fall 2024 and continuing through Summer 2025:
- The application fee is $100
- The per-credit charge for doctorate courses is $950. This is the same for in-state and out-of-state students.
- Retired military receive a $50 per credit hour tuition discount
- Active duty military receive a $100 per credit hour tuition discount for doctorate level coursework.
- Information technology fee $40 per credit hour.
- High School and Community College full-time faculty and full-time staff receive a 20% discount on tuition for doctoral programs.