Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Military Leadership
Earn a doctorate degree in Military Leadership, advance scholarly research and your career
The PhD in Military leadership is designed for those serving in either senior Officer or Enlisted positions that want to take their leadership skills to a higher level for serving and protecting the Nation. It is also suitable for those associated with the operations of military personnel, defense contractors or DoD agencies. In a world where the advancement of technology is increasing at a faster pace, this degree is research based and will support your development of critical thinking, leading edge theory and applications in this special role. This degree prepares you for effective leadership in the arena of defense; to lead, to direct and to manage personnel, technology, and resources on a global platform.
Expert guidance in doctoral research
Capitol’s doctoral programs are supervised by faculty with extensive experience in chairing doctoral dissertations and mentoring students as they launch their academic careers. You’ll receive the guidance you need to successfully complete your doctoral research project and build credentials in the field.
Proven academic excellence
Study at a university that specializes in industry-focused education in technology fields, with a faculty that includes many industrial and academic experts.
Program is 100% Online
Our Ph.D. in Military Leadership is offered 100% online. Once you are accepted, all you need is an internet connection and you can attend class.
Market demand for critical infrastructure expertise
Get the necessary credentials to take on a leadership role; become a researcher, speaker, author, or trusted expert; or enter higher education as a teaching professional.
A degree that is relevant to any and every organization
Graduates will contribute significantly to military leadership through the creation of new knowledge and ideas.
The PhD program offers 2 degree completion requirement options.
- Dissertation Option: the student will produce, present, and defend a doctoral dissertation after receiving the required approvals from the student’s dissertation committee and the PhD review boards.
- Publication Option: the student will produce, present, and defend doctoral research that is published as articles (3 required) in peer reviewed journals identified by the university and the student’s Committee. Students must receive the required approvals from the student’s Committee and the PhD Review Board prior to publication.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition rates are subject to change.
The following rates are in effect for the 2022-2023 academic year, beginning in Fall 2022 and continuing through Summer 2023:
- The application fee is $100
- The per-credit charge for doctorate courses is $933. This is the same for in-state and out-of-state students.
- Retired military receive a $50 per credit hour tuition discount
- Active duty military receive a $100 per credit hour tuition discount for doctorate level coursework.
- High School and Community College full-time faculty and full-time staff receive a 20% discount on tuition for PhD or DSc programs.
For 2023-2024 doctorate tuition and fees, click here.