Bachelor of Science (BS) in Data Science
The bachelor of science (BS) in data science provides the key preparation for a career as a data scientist or machine learning engineer:
- Machine learning engineer–average base pay, $147,3001, ranked 1st on "Best Jobs in the US" List2
- Data scientist median base pay, $131,0002, ranked 1st on "Best Jobs in America" List3
- Computer vision engineer–average base pay, $158,3002
- Semiconductor engineer–average base salary $150,600 (in CA)1
- Data engineer–median base pay, $131,6731 ranked 8th on "Best Jobs in America" List3
- Enterprise architect–median base pay $122,5854
Earn your degree in the heart of one of the world’s most important technology hubs surrounded by world-renowned government agencies, tech company headquarters and key technology users in government, healthcare, defense, space and professional services.
With the university’s strong links with large and small DC-area employers, who have an un-met demand for high technology graduates, we aim to connect our outstanding graduates to these employers and awaiting opportunities.
1. Indeed salaries, 2020
2. Indeed 2019 Best Jobs in US List
3. Glassdoor’s 2019 50 Best Jobs in America
4. Salary based upon 2019 Glassdoor salary data
Our location puts you in the heart of the action.
The Baltimore, Maryland/Washington D.C. area has one of the largest concentrations of high-tech companies, defense contractors, and government agencies in the United States, making it easier to find internships and high-paying jobs.
Leading employers of business analysts, including SAS and government agencies, have partnered with Capitol to provide students an understanding of the current and future trends in the field and highlight career paths in business analytics and data science.
Support for you
Whatever type of resource you need - a way to improve your math skills, a place to exercise, help with a job search or a disability - we have facilities and personnel ready to help.
Capitol Tech Opportunities
You have the chance to showcase your classroom knowledge in your capstone project, which is required for graduation. Depending on your major, this could be writing a report and giving an oral presentation or building, designing and testing a working prototype.
Team-Oriented, Multidisciplinary Projects
Professionals from all backgrounds collaborate in the real-world, so we’ve structured our labs to operate the same way. Students majoring in electrical engineering, cybersecurity, astronautical engineering and others all form teams to collaborate, trouble-shoot and explore what’s possible in our labs.
The Capitol Commitment
We’ve created a game plan to make sure you find a job upon graduation. Learn more.
The B.S. in Data Science degree is a total of 122 credits, which covers business management, business analytics, mathematics and sciences, English and social science courses.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition rates are subject to change.
The following rates are in effect for the 2022-2023 academic year, beginning in Fall 2022 and continuing through Summer 2023:
- There is no charge for online application, $25 fee for paper application
- Full-time tuition is $12,915 per semester, plus fees
- The active duty military tuition rate is $250 per credit, plus fees (additional discounts and scholarships do not apply)
- The retired military tuition rate is $746 per credit, plus fees (additional discounts and scholarships do not apply)
- All full-time students who keep their student account current are promised their tuition will not increase more than 1% per year for four years
- For the cost of living in Capitol Technology University's modern residential facility, click here.
- Academic Fee for UAS-120 $500
For 2023-2024 undergraduate tuition and fees, click here.