Bachelor of Science (BS) in Information Technology
The bachelor of science in information technology program provides the essential entry point into such cutting-edge information technology careers as:
- Software engineer – median base pay, $104,000, ranked 10th best job in the nation1
- Data architect – median base pay $114,7002
- Data engineer – median base pay, $100,000, ranked 8th best job in the nation1
- Information technology manager – average base pay, $107,3002
- Software engineering manager – median base pay $153,000, ranked 43rd best job in the nation1
- Enterprise architect – median base pay $122,5852
Earn your degree in the heart of one of the world’s most important technology hubs surrounded by world-renowned government agencies, tech company headquarters and key technology users in government, healthcare, defense, space and professional services.
With the university’s strong links with large and small DC-area employers, who have an un-met demand for high technology graduates, we aim to connect our outstanding graduates to these employers and awaiting opportunities.
1Data based upon Glassdoor’s 2019 50 Best Jobs in America
2 Salary based upon 2019 Glassdoor salary data
Our location puts you in the heart of the action.
The Baltimore/Washington D.C. area has one of the largest concentrations of high-tech companies, defense contractors, and government agencies in the United States, making it easier to find internships and high-paying jobs.
Our motto, ‘find a way, or make one’ delivers job ready skills.
Hands-on classes, combined with case studies and group projects, help you hone the skills needed to excel in the workplace.
Leading employers of IT companies and government agencies, have partnered with Capitol to provide students an understanding of the current and future trends in the field and highlight career paths in IT.
Capitol Tech Opportunities
Team-Oriented, Multidisciplinary Projects
Professionals from all backgrounds collaborate in the real-world, so we’ve structured our labs to operate the same way. Students majoring in electrical engineering, cybersecurity, astronautical engineering and others all form teams to collaborate, trouble-shoot and explore what’s possible in our labs.
You have the chance to showcase your classroom knowledge in your capstone project, which is required for graduation. Depending on your major, this could be writing a report and giving an oral presentation or building, designing and testing a working prototype.
Dr. William Butler
Vice President of Academic Affairs
Dr. William (Bill) Butler is currently the Vice President of Academic Affairs at Capitol Technology University. Prior to this appointment in 2021, Dr. Butler served as Cybersecurity Chair for 8 years at Capitol Tech. Earlier in his career, he worked in the networking and IT industries as a network engineer and consultant for over 20 years. He also served as a joint qualified communications information systems officer in the U.S. Marine Corps and retired as a Colonel with 30 years of service (active and reserve). Dr. Butler holds a Doctorate in cybersecurity earned from Capitol focusing on preserving cellphone privacy and countering illegal cell towers (IMSI catchers).Contact Dr. William Butler
Dr. Kellep Charles
Dr. Kellep Charles is Chair of Cybersecurity programs at Capitol Technology University. He completed his Doctorate in Cybersecurity at Capitol Technology University. He also holds a Master of Science in Telecommunication Management from the University of Maryland University College and a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University.
The Capitol Commitment
We’ve created a game plan to make sure you find a job upon graduation. Learn more.
The bachelor of science in information technology (BSIT) degree is a total of 121 credits, which covers computer and web, business, mathematics and sciences, and English and social science courses.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition rates are subject to change.
The following rates are in effect for the 2021-2022 academic year, beginning in Fall 2021 and continuing through Summer 2022:
- There is no charge for online application, $25 fee for paper application
- Full-time tuition is $12,915 per semester, plus fees
- The active duty military tuition rate is $250 per credit, plus fees (additional discounts and scholarships do not apply)
- The retired military tuition rate is $746 per credit, plus fees (additional discounts and scholarships do not apply)
- All full-time students who keep their student account current are promised their tuition will not increase more than 1% per year for four years
- For the cost of living in Capitol Technology University's modern residential facility, click here.
- Academic Fee for UAS-120 $500
For 2022-2023 undergraduate tuition and fees, click here.