Master of Science (MS) in Engineering Technology
Capitol Technology University's engineering technology programs rank high with U.S. News and World Report.
The Master of Science in Engineering Technology is structured to educate students to design and develop applications from the inception stage through the manufacturing, testing and delivery of a product. The program provides traditional engineers with the fundamentals of circuit modeling, analysis, and construction, as well as government and industry regulations. Students study mathematical modeling and analysis, electromagnetic interference and compatibility, and advanced concepts of design for reliability, manufacturability and testability with an emphasis on the practical applications of theoretical principles to the design and construction of circuits to meet industrial, military and international standards.
As a student, you will learn how to evaluate diverse points of view and integrate specialized knowledge across various engineering technology fields.
This program prepares students for real-world situations in a multitude of industries including engineering, manufacturing, production, design, testing, and evaluations of products and materials throughout the world.
The program provides the essential knowledge to enter the industry in leadership roles, such as:
- Engineering Technologist - average base salary, $104,9171
- Engineering Specialist - average base salary, $70,7561
- Lead Engineering Specialist - average base salary, $97,6091
Our location is a magnet for top faculty
The Baltimore/Washington area has one of the largest concentrations of high-tech companies, defense contractors, and government agencies.
Program is 100% Online
Offered entirely online, this program teaches what it takes to adapt to changes in technology and participate in solving problems facing society.
Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers Approved
Capitol Technology University's engineering technology program is just one of fifteen colleges and universities approved by the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) as a provider of quality engineering education.
Capitol Tech Opportunities
You’ll work with a faculty member to develop a major project-based research paper that draws on prior coursework and your personal experiences.
Dr. Nayef Abu-Ageel
Chair of the Engineering Department
Dr. Abu-Ageel has over fifteen years of academic and industrial experience in research, teaching, and entrepreneurship. He holds a PhD in Electrical Engineering from Michigan State University. He joined Capitol Technology University in January 2016. Prior to this, Dr. Abu-Ageel served as an adjunct professor in the Department of Bioengineering and the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at George Mason University. The innovative teaching practices he introduced include integrating entrepreneurship into class material as well as involving engineering students with the local community.
Market Demand for Engineering Technology
- 82% of our graduates have a job or enter graduate school 90 days after commencement
- The average salary for a MS engineering technology graduate is $74,000
Degree Details: Program starts Fall 2020
A bachelor of science degree in engineering technology, electrical engineering or equivalent is recommended but not required. Students with an accredited B.S. in a related field will be considered for admission under provisional status.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition rates are subject to change.
The following rates are in effect for the 2019-2020 academic year, beginning in Fall 2019 and continuing through Summer 2020:
- The per credit charge for graduate courses:
- Online or satellite campus (per credit) - $618, plus fees (information technology and other applicable fees)
- Independent study (per credit) - $860, plus fees (information technology and other applicable fees)
- The active duty military tuition rate is $350 per credit, plus fees (additional discounts and scholarships do not apply)
- Retired military receive a $100 per credit hour tuition discount
- There is no charge for online application, $40 fee for paper application
For 2020-2021 masters tuition and fees, click here.