Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science
Earn a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science in the heart of one of the world’s most important technology hubs surrounded by world-renowned government agencies, tech company headquarters, and key technology users in government, healthcare, defense, space, and professional services.
The program provides the essential entry point into technology careers at the leading edge of transforming national capability and benefiting the community.
A computer science bachelor degree provides the ideal basis to move towards such careers as:
- Machine learning engineer – average base pay, $121,0002
- Software engineer – median base pay, $104,000, ranked 10th best job in the nation1
- Data scientist – median base pay, $108,000, ranked 1st in best jobs in the nation1
- Data engineer – median base pay, $100,000, ranked 8th best job in the nation1
- Software engineering manager – median base pay $153,000, ranked 43rd best job in the nation1
- Enterprise architect – median base pay $122,5852
The program teaches the fundamental computer science theory combined with hands-on practicality and advanced topics.
This degree is fully accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET.
1. Data based upon Glassdoor’s 2019 50 Best Jobs in America
2. Salary based upon 2019 Glassdoor salary data
Our location puts you in the heart of the action.
The Baltimore/ Washington D.C. area has one of the largest concentrations of high-tech companies, defense contractors, and government agencies in the United States, making it easier to find internships and high-paying jobs.
Our classes are taught by working professionals.
A field like computer science is constantly evolving, which makes our faculty extremely valuable since many are experts in the field.
Our motto, ‘find a way, or make one’ delivers job ready skills.
Hands on classes, combined with extracurricular clubs like; League of Legends, the robotics club, and the gaming club help you hone the skills needed to excel in the workplace.
Capitol Tech Opportunities
Collaborate with other students and work on student-created, student-led projects in our Fusion Lab. Here, multiple 3-D printers, a 1.4-watt laser and computers pre-loaded with modeling software are at your disposal to work on picosatellite shell development and creation, high altitude balloon payload projects and other activities.
Team-Oriented, Multidisciplinary Projects
Professionals from all backgrounds collaborate in the real-world, so we’ve structured our labs to operate the same way. Students majoring in electrical engineering, cybersecurity, astronautical engineering and others all form teams to collaborate, trouble-shoot and explore what’s possible in our labs.
You have the chance to showcase your classroom knowledge in your capstone project, which is required for graduation. Depending on your major, this could be writing a report and giving an oral presentation or building, designing and testing a working prototype.
Co-Ops and Internships
An internship is an essential first step to launching your career. Our reputation helps to open doors, plus our career services office provides guidance on how to write a resume to career-related events and much more.
Dr. Robert J. Steele
Chair and Professor, Computer Science
Dr. Robert Steele serves as Chair and Professor of the Computer Science Department. He holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science, has authored more than 140 peer-reviewed publications, and his work has been patented and successfully commercialized. He also has extensive administrative experience in large, complex and leading institutions nationally and internationally and at all levels of program leadership, curriculum development and teaching.Contact Dr. Robert J. Steele
Top Employers of Capitol Technology University's Graduates
The Capitol Commitment
We’ve created a game plan to make sure you find a job upon graduation. Learn more.
Market Demand Computer Science
- The average salary for a computer science bachelor degree graduate is $61,000
- 82% of our graduates have a job or enter graduate school 90 days after commencement
The bachelor of science in computer science (BSCS) degree is a total of 122 credits, which covers engineering, computers and programing, technical courses, mathematics and sciences, English and social science courses.
Enrollment and Graduation Data for Selected Undergraduate Degree Programs: Click Here
Tuition & Fees
Tuition rates are subject to change.
The following rates are in effect for the 2020-2021 academic year, beginning in Fall 2020 and continuing through Summer 2021:
- There is no charge for online application, $25 fee for paper application
- Full-time tuition is $12,915 per semester, plus fees
- The active duty military tuition rate is $250 per credit, plus fees (additional discounts and scholarships do not apply)
- The retired military tuition rate is $746 per credit, plus fees (additional discounts and scholarships do not apply)
- All full-time students who keep their student account current are promised their tuition will not increase more than 1% per year for four years
- For the cost of living in Capitol Technology University's modern residential facility, click here
- Academic Fee for UAS-120 $500
For 2020-2021 undergraduate tuition and fees, click here.